Tuesday, April 19, 2011

When You Least Expect It . . .

Well, I got up this morning and I so didn't want to. But I got up, took a 5-hour energy, got my coffee, got dressed and went out the door to get to class. The class was anger and stress management. We all talked and started working on the worksheet, but we ran out of time before I could share. No biggie. Virginia said that the conversation would kind of continue into the next class. But guess what?? I missed a call from Cassie's school and then I got a call from Jason. I call him back to find out Cassie's in the school office. Her lower abdomen on her right side is hurting. Her PE teacher had expressed come concern that it might be appedicitis! So needless to say, I said good-bye to the next class. Cassie takes presidence. So I pick Cass up from school and we head up to Grossmont Hospital. We got there before the place started getting busy and as soon as she went in to Triage, they already had a bed for her. Of course, it had to be in "D" ward which is a pain in the ass to walk to. But we did. We got her settled in and then they started the tests and talk to the doctor. They took urine and blood. They put in an IV and gave her some medication - Tordal, Pepcid and something else that was an anti-nausea medication that I can't remember the name of. They also did a CT-Scan of her. What was really, really sad was the woman next to us miscarried. Cassie and I felt so bad for her. She was 2 1/2 months pregnant. That is something I am thankful I never had to go through. I think it would have devistated me beyond belief. And Cassie was like "I don't know her, but I wish I could go over there and give her a hug." How sweet is that? Cassie has such a wonderful heart.

Then she was so hungry when we finally got out of there. Another good sign that she was fine!! She had some food that was from lunch. She couldn't eat much of it, but she had Hawaiian sweet rolls and she knew I was hungry too and she gave me a bite! She didn't have to. She is just such a sweet kid.

Then as if it wasn't bad enough we were at the ER, Susan had to be seen too. She had a huge abcessed tooth. It was so swollen that it was going down her neck!! But she got there later than we did so she had to wait longer. When she did get back to a room, we were just down the corridor from each other. Jason came back and forth several times. It took a long time, but they FINALLY gave Susan some Tordal and IV antibiotics. They also prescribed more antibiotics and Vicodin for her. She was still there when we left so we stopped by to say goodbye. Cassie gave her a hug and kiss. At least Susan wasn't in pain at that point. Anyway, it was decided that Cassie would spend the night with me tonight and when Susan felt better tomorrow she'd come get Cassie. And Cassie doesn't even have to go to school. We got her a doctor's note.  

Anyway, we came home, ate dinner and then both of us came into the bedroom. I was tired and she wanted on the computer, so I let her have the computer for about two hours while I kinda watched re-runs of "Destination Truth." She worked on her Gaia profile. She has all kinds of pix of wolves and she was rearranging them. Since I'm so tired, I decided to opt for watching the new "Destination Truth" at 9:00pm instead of "Deadliest Catch" but I can watch that episode next week at 8:00pm. I had planned to be laying my head down by now, but that's okay. I'll be asleep soon enough, I think. I also watched "Marcel's Quantum Kitchen" and that man is a genius! I want to try most of the stuff he comes up with! LOL! And it looks so good! Tonight the apple ribs sounded delicious and so did the carrot cake. Than man can cook with his team!

Well, I guess that's it. I have loved being with Cassie though my butt is rather sore. Those chairs suck. But I love having her here even if it's just a little bit. AND I don't have to worry about waking up for school. But I still have school tomorrow. LOL! However I like my school and classes! :-)

I ended up sleeping like crap last night even though I was tired. I'm hoping I sleep tonight. I'm going to cross my fingers or take 2 ativan! LOL! Goodnight!

No comments: