Friday, April 29, 2011

Some Highlights

Well, I didn't wake up early and I didn't go to class again. It's sad because today was one of my favorite classes - WRAP group (wellness Recovery Action Plan). But I think I'll be going next week. I also got great news. My welfare to work worker called me back today. I was trying to find out about my status and sure enough my exemption went through and I am OUT of the work program. It's good because of my panic attacks. I kind of wish I were different and maybe one day I will be, but I can't see dealing with my anxiety on a daily basis again. It was just too hard on me. 

I didn't wake up until 1:00pm and to be honest I could have kept sleeping, but my mom had made something to eat - oatmeal with raisins! Yum! Then I quickly got dressed because my mom wanted to go to See's Candy to pick up a 2 lb. box for my sister for Easter. They don't have a See's candy near her or in Florida I guess. And See's candy is the BEST! Their chocolate is my favorite. My mom brought me out a couple of pieces which was such a nice treat!

After that, we went to Walmart. My mom needed to get some dish soap and stuff. Since she didn't have a lot to get, I went straight to McDonald's to get a drink, only their fountain wasn't working. They got it working in about 10 minutes so I eventually got my drink. I just drank my Diet Dr. Pepper and worked on my schedule. I wanted to make it passed Halloween. But at one point there was an elderly couple that came over and the wife asked if I minded if her husband sat with me while she went to take care of something. Of course, I didn't mind. In fact, rather than go back to my writing, I saw cat food in their cat and asked about their cats, so we talked about cats until his wife came back. It was cool. I think he appreciated someone talking to him and his wife thanked me as they were leaving. They were a nice couple. When my mom finally came over she got us a couple of McDoubles (the new and smaller double cheeseburger). 

By the time I got home I was ready to watch some TV. I put on Fox News and started on my schedule again. I got passed Halloween and into November!! But I stopped part way through to make dinner. My mom was tired. So I made ham and eggs. It was simple and good. Then I went back to Fox News where they started covering the Prince William and Kate Middleton wedding. It's cool to get into the excitement, though I don't think I'm going to stay up for the wedding. Though I am still awake right now and watching people enter Westminster Abbey. It's interesting!

Anyway, Jordan reminded me I had medication to get. Plus he wanted something to eat. We each had a dollar and decided to go to Walmart because I had gotten chocolate covered marshmallow eggs for 50 cents a carton. So we figured we'd get more. So after we picked up my meds we went up to Walmart and got the candies. We also got soda which I got with my food money. But as we went to pay for the eggs the guy told us there was no charge. I was like, huh? We'll take them free. He gave some kind of explanation that didn't make sense to me but said they were free. I think he didn't know what he was doing, but who am I to disagree?? LOL! So we walked out with four cartons of eggs. It also meant we had enough money to get a big cheese burger from Jack in the Box and split it. It was nice to have something other than sugar. 

Well, that was my day. Totally enthralling, I know! LOL! But at least there were some definite highlights.
  

No comments: