Monday, April 11, 2011

What a Day, What a Day . . .

Today has been a long day and I am exhausted. I woke up at 8:05am and I did not want to wake up. I think I set the alarm for another twenty minutes, but it certainly didn't help much. The 5-hour energy perked me up along with the coffee. I then went down to take the classes at Heartland Center only to find out that there's only one class and it wasn't until 11:00am, so I ended up going home for about an hour and a half. I couldn't really afford the fuel, but I didn't want to hang around the club house.  Not that it would have been a big deal, but I don't know. I just didn't want to.

Anyway, I returned to the class and it was really good. I enjoyed it and I think I got a lot out of it. When I left I stopped by Trader Joe's. I grabbed some treats - Baklava, Orange Sticks, some cookies . . . I went a little nuts, I guess. Then I also got a ceaser chicken wrap. That became my lunch and oh was it good!! After that, I stopped by Walmart. I finally got the three bags of chicken thighs. It was the last thing on my mother's shopping list than I needed to get done. I also picked up a couple of goodies there. Yeah, I am going a little too crazy, I guess.

When I got home, I got online and began chatting with Patty B and also I was editing "The Black Cat" as much as I have written anyway. I know how to use the flash drive now. Now I may be able to continue the story. Then Patty B and I started a new story and it's a good one!! The last one just fizzled. It happens. Usually not often to Patty and I, but it can. And the last one didn't really interest either of us. This one has taken a cool direction and it started from a usual place I've started before - my character on the edge of her ending her life and gets saved from herself. It also turned out that the man that saved her was her teenage love of her life. Father of the baby she thought had been stillborn (Or so she'd been told) but was alive and well 10 years later. Then she's in a position to marry the man she loves for the sake of her son and his adopted daughter and he dies or so they think. When he's actually gone undercover to get proof of her brothers' wrong doing. They also heard that she's alive and they want her dead. So I think it's pretty interesting. We both look forward to writing more tomorrow.

I also got an email from My Aussie. It was really, really short, but at least I heard from him and that makes me smile. I just hope next time the note can be a little longer. But I do love sharing my day with him. It makes me feel closer to him and apparently hearing about my day makes him feel closer to me so it works out! :-D

Then I got steak for dinner tonight!! YUMMY! I bought so much steak that I think we have enough left to make another 3 meals. Maybe more. But I'm glad they had a sale. My mom cooked the steak with mashed potatoes, peas and salad. I think I'll have strawberries or oranges in a little bit.

Cassie came over for a little bit. She tried to vacuum for grandma but the vacuum is apparently busted. Grandma gave her $10 for trying. Then Jason hits me up with something about Cassie. The good news is they are done painting Cassie's bedroom. The bad is that Jason saw something on Cassie's phone that he shouldn't have - her telling someone to lick a certain part of her anatomy. She's only 13 years old so I need to speak to her about it in some around about way. I mean, she could have just been talking, but you never know. She knows more about sex than most girls her age and because of what happened to her back when she was 7 years old (that had gone on since she was 4) I knew she'd have a higher chance of becoming promiscuous or totally backing off of boys. Well, she doesn't back off of boys . . . but she also rough-houses with them. She's a tomboy! So I don't know. Her and her friends are pretty weird with each other so it could be something or nothing. But I won't know until I talk with her. So we'll see.

Anyway, not doing much else. I watched a new episode of "Chuck" tonight with Volkoff. He thought his daughter was helping him get out and that they'd run the company together. But she twisted him and left him with Chuck, Sara and Casey. He stopped the bombs from going off. He's such and interesting character and Timothy Dalton is an awesome actor! Then I watched the finale of "Being Human." Sally's door disappeared. Aiden almost died. Josh was going to help Aiden with Bishop, but Sally - now able to manipulate matter easily closed him in a room. But Nora found him. He was able to shut the door, but she could see him from the window. She finally knows the truth, but she lost the baby. And then he doesn't know yet, but he scratched her.There had better be a second season or someone is going to die! LOL!

Now I'm watching "Stargate: Universe." They've stopped on a planet and Greer is dealing with having almost died. The group is ambushed. An animal attacks, hurts many of the group, but takes two people for later - TJ and a soldier. The Eluscian Alliance (totally spelled wrong) people come to help find the lair. More people go missing and are hurt. I don't know what happens yet but it's coming up. Anyway, it's a good episode.

After this I'm going to take my meds and try to go to sleep. Hopefully I'll go to sleep easily, but I won't hold my breath. Still, I have a good shot maybe.

No comments: