Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dehydration - It sucks!

I may not be a doctor, but I did some research on the web and sure enough, I figured out what was wrong with me yesterday. The thing that fit the closest was severe dehydration. I think if I would have gone to the ER yesterday they probably would have stuck an IV in me and run fluids in. But I think all the water I drank yesterday worked. I woke up feeling much better. I've still been a bit tired today, but much, much better. I need to make sure I drink enough water every day. If not I'm going to get sick like that again. And I definitely don't want to do that!

Anyway, I woke up around 11:30am. I really didn't do too much. I let Jordan have the computer for awhile, but I told him I wanted it back. I guess I ended up watching Fox News mostly while I was working on my schedule, though I didn't get through much of it. Then once I got the computer back I got on the chat programs and wrote with Patty  B. It's always good to write with her. We wrote a lot today, but I think this story is close to running it's course and I think she wants to move to another story. I could write more on this one, but it's got to be something we both want to work on. Anyway, she came up with an interesting idea so I shouldn't have any trouble picking up another story. I remember how much I liked the characters I'd create. This time I got farther in a story than I had before. Usually once my characters had their babies either we had to skip forward or I'd lose interest and we'd go on to another story. But this time I had her have twins and played through that longer. It was kind of sweet. I don't have to have constant action or drama. Well, there has to be some! LOL! I still have my love of the Arabian Nights kinda theme. Arabian Princes or princes of men. :-D I look forward to seeing what we do tomorrow.

Anyway, my mom fixed a great dinner. It was beef quesadillas. Mmmmmm! I ate three of them with some cooked carrots. That Roast Beef she made the other night fed us for two nights and both dinners were fabulous. Sometimes I wonder why I can't be more like my mom and be more spontaneous with cooking. I work very straight forward and I just don't have the cooking experience she does. Kinda wish I did. It would make me such a better cook. I'm an okay cook. I do some things really well, but it would be nice to be able to pull almost anything together.

After dinner I wrote more with Patty B until she was ready to crash. I can't believe she's been staying awake so long lately. I  mean, being in the Netherlands kind of makes a big time difference. But I'm glad she does.

Once she said goodnight I watched Episodes of "House." I wanted to go to the store and see if my money came in, but I got wrapped up with at least two episodes of "House" that I hadn't seen. It worked out because by the time I was done watching the episodes my mother was in bed. That allowed me to easily get dressed, get Jordan and go to the store. We stopped at Albertson's and I bought two sodas. Getting the reciept it showed my money had indeed come in so Jordan and I headed to Walmart. I had my checklist. I couldn't resist going to the $5 DVD bin. I found "The Green Mile" so I grabbed that. I also picked up more 5-hour energy. Grabbed nose spray and cough medicine. Got cat food, cat treats and even a cat toy. Then we went upstairs and I got a card reader for my camera's mermory card. I also got a flash drive. I hope to put my writing on it. I also ended up going through the DVD aisles. Jordan wanted "Gangs of New York" and since it was only $10 I said yes. But then I also got "Edge of Darkness" which I have been wanting for quite awhile and "Ninja Assassin." Both for $13. I haven't seen either, but the promos for both were great and that was enough for me. I also ended up sending down Jordan back to the $5 and had him grab "27 Dresses" for me even though it's full screen. I guess it's something I can deal with because I love the movie.

Then the line to get out was huge!! It was ridiculous huge. But I stayed and got out of there with $20 back. I was hungry by that time so I took us to Taco Bell (for me) and Jack in the Box (for Jordan). After eating we finally came home. Poor Jordan though. His tooth is bothering him. I've got to get the number to Smile Care on Monday and make an appointment for him.

Anyway, Karissa doesn't know what to think of her toy. LOL! But at least she's interested in it. If I find the Cat Nip I KNOW she'll really love it. I'm also waiting for the pix from the camera memory card to finish downloading. I don't think I'll mess with the flash drive until tomorrow. It's just nice to have things I need. But I spent way too much money. :-( That part sucks. But I'll make it work. I just have to be carefull for the rest of the month. I think I can do that.

Now it's time to close this up and check on the pix. But boy am I glad I'm not severely dehydrated anymore!

No comments: