Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hopping Down the Bunny Trail - Happy Easter!

Well, this is Easter Sunday and it has been a pretty good day. The only bad thing is that I just couldn't wake up today and when I did I was just tired and rundown all day. But still, it was a nice day.

Cassie tried waking me up at one point. She was sitting beside me on the edge of the bed. Apparently I kicked her a couple of times in my sleep. LOL! She said I was running in my sleep. I think I was getting back at her for all the times she hit and kicked me in her sleep! LOL!

When I finally got up, my mom had me help her wash and cut up strawberries. I did a lot of them, then I went to go finish Cassie's Ramen noodles - she left me some to be nice. So Cassie went in and finished the strawberries. Before that she'd set the table for my mom! And she did all of it without complaining! It was bonding time for them, which was good because they never bond. They're usually angry with each other.

My mom had dinner already by the time Jason and Susan arrived. Then Greg showed up a little late, but he showed up and not an hour late. Just like 15 minutes late. No biggie. We all enjoyed ham, double-stuffed potatoes, pineapple rings, ranch dip with crackers and veggies and salad with avacado and tomatoes. My mom also had rolls and fresh lemonade! I ate so much I was stuffed. Of course, then I turned around and had Strawberry shortcake. Greg didn't have any, but everyone else did! It was so good! Talk about a great Easter dinner!

After dinner we got Jordan and had him hide the Easter Eggs for Cassie to find. They both still enjoy this because Jordan really likes the idea of hiding the eggs and making it difficult for his sister to find the eggs. She eventually does find them, but it's so much fun for her. I took all kinds of photos. But my favorite thing Jordan did was taking one of Cassie's eggs that were the same color as a Kumquat from the tree and put it against one that was on the ground. It really just looked like two kumquats together on the ground. She walked by it several times! It was great! LOL! Once that was done we hung out a little bit more, but Greg eventually left - after he came with me to give Karissa a little ham for Easter. She loved it, of course. So he left, then Cassie got her stuff together, gave me a hug and kiss and left with Jason and Susan.

I didn't have anything else to do and I was so tired so I ended up laying down for a bit. I think I actually napped for a few minutes. Then Jordan came in bringing my computer since he'd had it and I've been on it since. Well, that and watching "88 Minutes." It's an awesome movie. Al Pacino is still one of the best actors out there. But I think I'm going to watch "River Monsters" in a bit unless there's a new "Iron Chef America."

However, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I have to call welfare because my told me they are cutting my benefits because I wasn't truthful about something on my QR7 and I have no idea what they're talking about. I think it's going to be about Cassie's attendence record. But that's the only thing I can think of, but either way, I'm pissed. I'm upset. I'm worried. It's been in the back of my mind, even though I've been able to be calm today, but this kind of thing ramps up at night. I just hope I sleep tonight and that tomorrow I can get everything taken care of an not worry about my money.

Anyway, I'm so tired . . . I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments: