Saturday, April 23, 2011

Little Bunny Hollypaw



Cassie arrived this morning before Saturday school and dropped off a shoebox and inside was a wild baby bunny. It was so cute, but I didn't look at it at that time. Cassie had to get to school. I had Karissa in my room so we took the box to Jordan's room and placed it on his dresser. She then went to school and I went back to bed. I was tired. I have been tired for awhile now. I woke up in time to go pick up Cassie. Once we got home she showed me the little baby that she called Hollypaw. I fell in love and I tried to help her get Jason to tell her she could keep the little thing, but that didn't work. However, I did know that the baby needed water, which meant we needed a dropper because it wouldn't drink out of a bowl. I don't know. Maybe it would have in time. But basically, Cassie came into possession of this little bunny because she had taken it away from Bootsie her friend Katie Kelly's cat who had caught it. We all thought the little bunny was fine. It acted fine.

After Cassie and I had Peanut Butter sandwiches, Cassie colored the Easter Eggs. I had a hard time taking any pictures because I was so tired. But I managed. Then my mother gave us some money to go to Walmart, get the battery for her blood sugar meter and to get a dropper for the bunny. Cassie decided to bring it with us and it was really calm. I thought maybe it was just getting used to being held. I think anyone would have thought the same thing. And who knows, maybe it was fine at the time. A lot of people got a kick out of seeing the bunny and I was able to get the batters and the droppers. After we bought that (and some chocolate covered flavored marshmallow eggs) we went to McDonald's and got a cup of water. The bunny drank water so I thought all was well. But when we got home, something happened. I don't know if this had anything to do with what happened with the bunny, but Jordan pushed Cassie when she was holding the bunny in the box. The box hit the wall pretty hard. The baby still seemed fine and we gave her water and tried to give her some food.

My mom then wanted me to go to Albertson's and pick up a few more things for tomorrow. She gave me her card and though I didn't have the energy I went anyway. Cassie came with me and held the bunny. She stayed in the car though. It didn't take me that long to get everything I don't think, but when I got out to the car I could see something was wrong with Hollypaw. She was really limp, like she couldn't hold her head up. Then she just kept getting loose and limp. By the time we got home, I was pretty sure the little thing was going to die. When it stopped breathing Cassie even tried CPR. We then laid the baby in the grass in the backyard. If nothing else at least she was outside for the last of it. 

Cassie then dug a grave. It was really sad. I almost cried. She said a little prayer after she had Hollypaw settled and covered. She put rocks around the grave and a headstone. She was such a good little bunny for the short period of time we had her. I just wish I knew if she died of internal injuries from Bootsie or if hitting the wall inside the box did the damage. I guess in the end it doesn't matter since the baby is still dead. It can't be undone. But if it were Jordan's fault I'd be pissed with him and his piss-poor attitude. After all, he was the one that pushed her and the box into the wall and not lightly.

After that we had dinner - French Bread Pizza. It was good. I ended up having three pieces which is more than I usually have. I'm actually still kind of hungry. Of course, I ate hours ago. After eating only one of hers, Cassie went to go play with the computer. I stayed out there for awhile finishing my water and watching a part of "Tombstone" which is an awesome movie. I was so tired then though so I went to my room. I had to make room on the bed for me. LOL! But I did. I half watched "Tombstone" and half watched what she was doing online. Then after that I started watching "Jurassic Park." Eventually Cassie gave up the computer and is now going to bed. I feel bad for her though. Not just for losing the bunny but because she's sick. She has a sore throat and is coughing. I wish she felt better. :-(

Anyway, I got a Happy Easter from my Aussie. It sucks that I didn't get an email, but you know it being a holiday and his family it was nice he got to send anything! Now I think I'm going to take my night meds and head to bed. I hate being so tired, but I suppose at the moment it's a good thing. It's just been a day with some low points. Some good points too, but definitely a low point or two. But tomorrow is Easter and I'm going to try to think of it as a good day. Jason and Susan are coming over for dinner. I need to find out if Greg is coming over. Guess we'll see. Anyway, time for bed. 

No comments: