Monday, April 18, 2011

Not So Bad a Day . . .

Today wasn't so bad. I got to sleep until about 10:00am before I got up. I then took a shower and I seriously needed one. I also got dressed, got my coffee and I took off to Heartland for the only Class they had today - RI Discovery. It helps to retrain your brain on how we think things through. I actually was able to give an example - when Jason acted like a putz when I was at Greg's and though I was upset I didn't let it turn into a texting war (that term got a few laughs). All the tools were a good thing like "Calm Begets Calm, Temper begets temper," or "Feelings are not facts" and "Be Self-led, not symptom-led." After class David said he might be able to take Kim and I to the RI-Discovery group on Rosecrans on Friday. We'll see though. David and I exchanged phone numbers. Kim has my phone number, but I don't have hers yet. Maybe I'll ask her for it tomorrow. My depression eased up a bit as the class went on.

When I got home I ate a steak sandwich. Jordan must not have had his steak or George didn't eat his. Either way, it became my lunch. LOL! I then got online and checked my Facebook and stuff. What was really great was that I got to watch "Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe" which I'd missed on Sunday. After that, I got to watch the one episode of "Fairly Legal" I'd missed. Then I got to watch the most recent "Hawaii 5-0" - interrupted half way through with some fish and salad. But had I known what was going to come, I wouldn't have bothered eating.

Greg called me and invited me out to dinner! And not just any dinner - Pinnacle Peak!! One of the best Steak Places ever!! But instead of steak I got ribs - full rack! I only got through half because I wanted dessert. And Greg also got me a couple of drinks - Long Island Iced Tea and a Mai Tai. And I felt it after just two drinks and that was after eating bread too! The thing is, I kissed Greg and I enjoyed it. I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a kiss. And I told him I might spend the night with him tomorrow night. I don't know. I feel anxiety now, but we'll see. I meant it when I said it.

Anyway, I got home in enough time to watch the second half of "Stargate: Universe." I missed "Chuck" but it was definitely worth it and I can watch it at NBC.com at some point. But I told Greg that tonight was the first night I didn't feel worried about something. At least I didn't while I was out. I'm having anxiety now, but we'll see what happens.

I still haven't heard from My Aussie yet. I hope he's okay. I should write him an email, but I don't know if I feel up to it. I definitely want to get to sleep. I'm tired now and maybe now that I had those two drinks it'll help me sleep easier. At least I can hope to. :-)

No comments: