Monday, April 4, 2011

Movie Day!!!

I had such a hard time going to sleep last night. I think I get a little bit of a high when I buy things I am excited about - like the memory card reader and the Flash Drive. In fact, I ended up playing with the Flash Drive last night after all and I saved my story "The Black Cat" on it. It's good to have a copy that can't get erased. Anyway, I eventually went to sleep. Didn't wake up until around noon. That's not so bad. After all, I've slept until 3:00pm before! But I got up and got my coffee - even had some breakfast! My mom thawed some bagels. She'd baked them just a bit and they tasted like they were fresh. I had one with cream cheese and one with margarine. Jordan wouldn't have any because they had sesame and poppy seeds on them. LOL!

Jordan also reminded me that we were going to have a movie day. He wanted to start with "The Gangs of New York" but I told him that I wanted to start with "Edge of Darkness." So guess what we started with? Yep, "Edge of Darkness." It was a great movie. I got drawn in right away. In some respects the ending is sad, but with the way they handled it, it turned out like a bittersweet ending and it fit with the story very well. But what irritated me is that my DVD had some serious glitches so I didn't get to finish it right away. I was so upset that I couldn't just watch something else. I wanted to FINISH watching my movie. So I ended up going out and going back to Walmart to take it in for an exchange. On the way I had Jordan mail my QR7. We also stopped and got drinks from Albertson's. But once at Walmart it didn't take too long to turn it in and get a new one. And as soon as we got home, I forwarded to where the other movie screwed up and we finally watched the end of it. I'm glad I have it and I'm glad I got the new one. It needed to be exchanged.

Anyway, after that we did watch "The Gangs of New York" but paused halfway through to go get something to eat. I coudn't help myself and we went to Beef and Bun. It took almost $20 but I love their food . . . just hope I'm not hurting for the rest of the month. Jordan and I each got huge burgers. He got fries and I got onion rings and we both got the chocolate peanut butter shakes. Beef N Bun has the best shakes!! After that, we stopped at the 99 cent store. I needed to pick up some condoms for Jordan. Better safe than sorry. I almost got him colored ones by accident! LOL! I told him that and we both had a good laugh. My mom also called and wanted me to pick up some Creamy Tomato & Basil bisque from Vons. The line at the store was so long, I couldn't believe it! But I go through it easy enough.

By the time we got home we were ready to finish watching "The Gangs of New York." Then Jordan wanted to take "Ninja Assassin" to watch it in the other room because I was going to watch the finale of "Chopped All Stars" but I talked him into waiting an hour so we could watch it together. It was also good, though I had hoped there's be more of a relationship between the two main characters. Ah well. But I guess it's safe to say that we did have a movie day! I certainly enjoyed it. 

Oh, and need I say we spent the day also cuddling Karissa. She kept wanting to get her treats in the corner and we had to keep trying to push her away from them! LOL! But she'd also just move around to different spots on the bed to either get pet in different places or to try to escape from the attention for a bit. LOL! Either way she got LOVED up! In fact, I think she actually thrives on it. She is such a loved and spoiled little thing! LOL!

Now I think I am going to take my night meds and finish watching "River Monsters" that I just came across. But I'm tired and hopefully I'll sleep easier tonight. 

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. My mom wants to go shopping, shopping, Shopping and then Tuesday I have to go downtown. Ick. But I must. Anyway, I guess that's it for today. Time for bed.   

No comments: