Wednesday, April 13, 2011

An Easy-Going Day

Okay, another long day. It's been a decent day except for some pain. And boy am I TiRED!! I woke up this morning about 8:20am. Maybe a little later than that. And I did not want to get up. But I forced myself up. I got dressed, grabbed my coffee and headed out the door. I got to class in time for the first class - Coping Skills. We talked about hope. Having hope. Feeling hopeless, but mostly about being hopeful. Then the second class was Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. We did a thought chart or whatever it's called. There were three of us in the group and Virginia used Kevin's and the other girl's examples. I wish I could remember her name but my mind has gone blank. Anyway, I was told mine would be first next week. Is that a good thing?? LOL! 

Anyway, after class Virginia had me come to paperwork. We talked too. It was a nice time. I enjoy Virginia's company. She's got such a sunny personality that it makes me feel good being around her. And I've come to the decision that even after the Welfare to Work crap is taken care of, that I want to keep going to classes at least two days a week. 

My mom called just as I was finishing up and she told me she wondered if I could take her to Costco. I really, honestly didn't feel up to it, but I said yes, of course. In fact, my mom was so sweet. She put $25 of fuel in my tank. But walking around the store killed my back. I was in such pain that once I got everything up at the register that I told him to get her some help and that I was going out to the car. My back just couldn't take it anymore. And Jason contacted me to see if I was still coming over to see Cassie's room and stay for dinner. At first I wasn't going to and then I just decided I would. I really, really wanted to see Cassie's room. My back still hurt so I took some tylenol - after taking the naproxen I couldn't take advil. It eased it only a little bit but when I got over there Cassie showed me her room and it is totally awesome!! Black walls. New carpet on the floor. Her bed is in there her lamp, side table, octagon table, TV . . . Her room is just so cool. I didn't do much while there except kick back and watch "The Abyss" as Jason puttered around. Susan and Cassie went to pick up Katie and Lauren and go get their nails done. When the girls got back they all went into Cassie's room and started giggling like girls do. And Susan made killer Spaghetti with marinara sauce and texas toast. OMG! That toast was so good!! I could have eaten a loaf of it all by myself! LOL! 

Anyway, Cassie's neck began hurting and I encouraged her to take a bath - well we all did and eventually I decided it was time to go home. I kissed her goodbye and said good-bye to Jason, Susan and the cats. My back wasn't hurting as bad as it had, but it was still sore - even now it is.

My mom was thrilled though. She got the rugs cleaned today. But she needed Jordan's help and the butthead was ignoring her until she called him a few names. She was just so frustrated so I completely understand. I guess he eventually helped her . . . What a putz. Ugh!

Well, nothing else is going on. I'm probably going to help myself to a Cadbury Egg, finish watching "Ghost Hunters" and then "Fact or Faked" and then going to sleep. I am very tired and am even wondering if I will watch all of "Fact or Faked." Probably because I'll get interested, but I am exhausted. 

I haven't heard from my Aussie yet today either. But he can't write everyday unlike me. :-P I can't wait to hear from him though. I'll be dreaming about it anyway. 

No comments: