Sunday, May 1, 2011

Osama bin Laden is Dead!!



I can't believe it. After almost 10 years that son-of-a-bitch is dead! I wish it would have happened sooner, but the fact that he's finally dead is so wonderful! I kind of question myself being so happy a human being is dead, but he killed so many people all over the world. If anyone deserved to die it was HIM! It's funny how I thought about him the other day and wondered if he were dead or alive. Just a thought out of the blue. And I am so happy that the answer is DEAD!

I remember how I found out the planes had flown into the twin towers. Jason had called me. I was in the process of getting Jordan ready for school. He called and said a plane flew into the one of the twin towers. Or maybe he said both. But either way, I didn't believe him at first. I literally asked him if he was pulling my leg. That's when he told me to turn on the TV . . . I got Jordan out the door and turned on the TV. The horror was there for all to see. I couldn't believe it. I watched the images of the airplanes crashing into the twin towers. The towers fall . . . I heard about all the people, firemen, police officers . . . that were dead. It was horrible. All I wanted to hear back then was that this bastard was dead.

Eventually I had to stop watching the news. It caused my illness to get worse because I was obsessing. I started not really sleeping. I was always on edge. I don't know. It just seemed to be the center of my attention (except for the kids, of course). My therapist at the time told me I needed to stop watching the news so I did. For years I couldn't watch anything about 9/11 without getting symptoms. Finally about a year or two ago I was finally able to watch documentaries about it. I still won't watch the movies made about the event though. But knowing that Osama bin Laden is finally dead in some respects brings relief. He's dead. He, personally, can't hurt anyone anymore.

Outside of that wonderful news, not much else went on today. I slept a lot. I edited a little of "Assassin's Seduction" and "Crossfire." Especially "Crossfire" so I can get through what I have and start working on it again. It's pretty damn good, if I say so myself! Then after the big announcement about Osama bin Laden I watched the premiere of "Law and Order: Criminal Intent" where Goran and Amse are back. It was an awesome episode too. It was a definite who-done-it until the end. Then I watched the premiere of "In Plain Sight" where Mary's sister is suspected of helping in a 6-car car theft. Mary and Marshal with a help of a protected witness got to the bottom of it. Another great episode.

So between getting some editing done and watching two of my shows premiere and heard that Osama bin Laden was dead, it's been a pretty good day!! :-D


No comments: