Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Little Excitement!

Today was a pretty quiet day for the most part. I slept until around 11:00am. Took my mom to get her blood taken for some tests. I went to Trader Joe's and got something to eat - a chicken cesare wrap with baked onion rings and water. I also got some chocolate peanut butter eggs. But I haven't gotten into them yet. Then after my mother was done, we ended up going to Denny's. Rather than a grand slam I got the sampler platter - well, the half one anyway. It was great, but another part of my tooth broke and the hard stuff tore up my gums a little. When we got home, I took a nap.

After that, my mom asked me if I'd take her to the store. We went to Albertson's. She got some fish and a couple of other things. I got a family sized cheese enchiladas dinner. I also got water and some temptations for dessert. By the time we got out of there I was down $37. But as I went to stop at Kahoots to get some crickets for Tubbie, I realized I'd left my purse back in the cart, like an idiot!! So I race back and the cart boy has it on top of the carts he's pushing in. I let him know it was mine and he gave it back. Everything was in it, but I couldn't believe I'd done it. That's what happens when I feel off. And I did feel off.

From there we went home. Fixed dinner. Watched some TV - "Deadliest Catch." It was after that when I was in my own room watching whatever was on while I play on the computer (wanted to play Happy Pets) when my mom asked if I could hear that. Turned out we were both hearing noises from upstairs. Clumping noises and scratches that sounded like they were at the door. My mom ended up calling the police. It took them a bit to get here, while I stayed on the phone with the dispatcher until they arrived. They went upstairs and found . . . NOTHING! Except a BIG white cat on the upstairs patio, but that didn't explain the scatching I heard or the loud noises either, I don't think. But either way, there was nothing up there. 

Now, I am exhausted and I need to go see Greg so he can help me with fuel. Guess I will bite the bullet and go, though I feel really on edge. But I'll survive. I always do. But what a day! Definitely a little excitement involved.

No comments: