Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Two For the Price of One

Looks like I get to write out two days for the price of one. I was so tired last night that writing a blog or email or anything was pretty much out of the question. There will always be those days every so often. I think I do need to go to the doctor though and see if I can't get a sleep study done. I am pretty sure I have sleep apnea because it doesn't matter. I am always tired. No matter how much sleep I get. I should make it a point to call the doctor tomorrow. Maybe I should write it on my hand or maybe my forehead so everyone around me can tell me - CALL YOUR DOCTOR! LOL! We'll see.

Tomorrow was a pretty good day. I was really tired though. More tired than I would have been. I got a call from Cassie at school to come pick her up. She was having jaw pain. I picked her up and found out that my phone wasn't working. Turned out neither was Cassie's, Susan's or Jason's. Turned out when they called to make arrangements on the bill, whoever it was, didn't put it down in the file so they shut off the phones. It eventually got resolved. Anyway, we got home and after a couple of phone calls with my mother's phone we went and had breakfast. Cassie actually made it for us. In fact, I hadn't asked her to make me anything. I just grabbed a yogurt. But she made me a grilled cheese sandwich. That was so sweet of her. But she likes to cook and especially anything with bread or tortillas and cheese. Simple and good. After that, we went into my room and listened to music and I started crocheting with Cassie's help. It started because Cassie found the little blue hook I had. I told her she could have a green skeen of yard and I asked her to pull out my projects. I found my hook in one project and the project I wanted was the next bag over. LOL! So we just talked and crocheted. It was awesome! I eventually had to leave so that I could make it to my RI class at Hearland. It was another awesome class. It's good to have that support and the example I gave was my anxiety over going to Greg's for a month. And though I have some anxiety about being with Greg at Greg's place a lot of it is the fact that I'm leaving my room, that I have to pack up my stuff and that basically I have to leave where I'm comfortable. Anyway, I would have been freaking out a lot more if I hadn't had the tools to tell myself to stop. That comfort is a want not a need. That fears are beliefs and beliefs can be changed. It really makes a difference.

Anyway, I thought for sure Cassie would be gone before I got home and I was so pleasantly surprised she was still there!! She was playing on the computer and we listened to music - hers and then mine. I went back to crocheting. We enjoyed each other until Susan came and picked her up. I loved spending that time with Cassie. It was awesome. After that I started re-heating chicken my mother had cooked the night before. I also fixed myself a salad, but Jordan didn't want one. Then while I was eating my salad I found out that the Exterminator had caught Big Momma. She'd also had little babies so he had to take them to Project Wildlife. Big Momma was relocated to Mission Trails Park. I don't think they caught Bandito though, so I'm sure there are still more racoons out there. However, with the traps gone Karissa can go outside now. 

After that, I chilled out to the TV. I watched "Chuck" and I believe it was the finale and it was AWESOME!! Morgan is going to be the new intersect! LOL! I can't wait for the next season. It's going to be the last, but at least they know that so they can wrap it up for everyone. I'm hoping at some point Sara gets pregnant. :-) Just so we can know she got the normal life she never thought she'd have. Then I just watched the end of something. Can't remember what. Then I watched "Sanctuary" which was also good. Nichola Tesla got re-vamped so to say. I have always loved the arrogant, yet funny and playful vampire. And I continued to love his character when he wasn't a vampire anymore. Now he's back! Can't wait to see what happens now!

I was so exhausted after that, but I was really craving sweets so Jordan and I went to Vons. Turned out they had a large sub sandwich and I decided to get it. I also got eclaires while Jordan got chocolate chip cookies. When we got home, we shared the sandwich. After we were done, I had thought about writing my journal and writing my Aussie - who wrote me a big, long email the other day! God, it's always so wonderful when I hear from him! But I was just too tired so I went to sleep. And it wasn't easy for me to go to sleep either. My mind just won't shut off. 

I ended up sleeping until about 11:30am. Greg was supposed to take me out to lunch as much as I wanted to, I didn't really think he would. To my surprise, he did!! I got dressed. Told him I was ready. He took me to this place called Longhorn Cafe. They serve 1/2 lb. burgers and boy are they good! And onion rings too! Big ones! But what was even better in some respects was the fact the place has a bar and the bartender really knows how to make a long island iced tea! It was so yummy! I hadn't had one done right in a very long time and Greg let me get four of them! Usually three would be enough for me. LOL! I was also really getting sleepy. I didn't think I could go to sleep, but as soon as I got home, I laid down in bed and went to sleep until my mom woke me up for dinner. Even at that point, I thought I might just eat and go back to sleep. But I stayed awake. I watched "The Chronicles of Riddick" on TV. It's one of my favorites. After that, I put on Discovery channel and watched repeats of "Deadliest Catch" until the new episode. They do go through greenhorns on deck.

But anyway, I am still keeping up with my stretches. I think I just watched something that will inspire me to keep it up. I don't want to get so heavy I can't leave my room or I can't get up and go shopping or see friends. But it's kind of why I don't use electric carts. If you stop walking for yourself your muscles will stop working so as much as I hate walking, I will walk around the store. I guess I have done some things right. I'm not as fat as I could be. But I am heavier than should be too. I'm just not ready to mess with my eating habits right now. It's one of my comforts and I'm just afraid I won't be able to eat what I want when I want. I think that will eventually stop and I'll get more serious. But for now, I'm going to do stretches everyday unless I really don't have ANY time or I'm seriously sick. I am committed to doing the stretches. Eventually everything else will fall into place.

Well, I wrote my Aussie again. I don't know when he'll get back to me, but I know he will and that's a good feeling. Anyway, I think it's time to wrap up. I'm tired and we'll see what tomorrow brings. I have class tomorrow though so that's something to look forward to.

Peace. Out! LOL!


No comments: