Friday, May 20, 2011

Busy Like a Bee

Again it seems I'm writing my blog after midnight. Ugh! Ah well. It is what it is and I had things to do.

Last night with my TV not working I was a little nervous about sleeping when it would be so dark. No, I'm not afraid of the dark. But I haven't slept in the dark in a long time. Anyway, my nose was also giving me problems so I couldn't sleep that way. Jordan also talked me into watching some play-through on different video/PC games. I do like this one guy that does Total War Samurai 2. Or maybe that's Shogun. Not positive. But the guy is funny to listen to as he talks about the battle he's in. So that was fun. I enjoyed it, but I was so tired. Then because of my nose spray not working I ended up tossing and turning. Eventually I went to sleep but not until it started getting light out. So needless to say, I didn't want to wake up. My mom finally got me up about 1:30pm. It didn't take me long to get dressed then I took her to go get copies of these papers she wanted. Directions to the Ameral family reunion. Nope, it's not something I'm invited to and to be honest, I wouldn't want to go. I don't know most of these people and I have no sense of kinship with any of them.  After that my mom wanted to go to vons. She wanted me to pick up some cube steak for Chicken Fried Steak. She also picked out a roast for me that we can cut up and make stew out of. Outside of that I picked up milk, a water and a little coffee cake. My mom bought some stuff of her own. Then we went home. I had Jordan take the stuff inside. Soon it was time I had to go get Jason from the Amaya trolley stop because Susan had Cassie at a dental appointment.

I stopped at McDonald's to grab a Dr. Pepper and for the first time in awhile I picked regular Dr. Pepper. Anyway, I'm leaving the parking lot and turning onto the street when suddenly the cup tips over and spills on my leg. I get so distracted and upset that I almost cause a one car accident. I almost ran right into an electrical box on the sidewalk. I slammed on my brakes just in time. I swear I have a guardian angel! Anyway, I had to wait while a couple of cars passed me because I had to back up before going forward. Then I went and picked up Jason. I told him about my little adventure. Now I know how easy it is to get distracted by a drink and almost have an accident!

Jason hung out with me for awhile. Between him and Jordan we got my old TV out and put in my dad's TV, only the screen was jumping a little - which I then remembered it was why I had stopped using it to begin with. And as if that wasn't enough, it didn't have the port for the DVD cords. I would have needed an adapter. Ugh! Anyway, we found out that Cassie has gingivitis (like that's a surprise) and she has six cavities. It's a lot but to be honest, it's not as bad as it could be.

My mom made the chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and country gravy and OMG it was good! I ate the whole thing. My mom had cooked enough for Jason, but he didn't eat. He stayed a little longer and then waited outside for Susan to arrive. When they did Cassie came in, told me about her teeth and then got my food card so Susan and do the Food for Cash. I need to take care of it tomorrow.

Anyway, after that, I rested for a little bit because I had to get to Greg. What scared me is that he was supposed to come up to me to put fuel in my car and then go back to his place and then go to the hospital so he could get his MRI on his knee. That didn't happen and I was like at 14 miles til empty. I was pretty freaked out about it. By the time I got to Greg's house I was down to 8 miles. Eventually he put fuel in my tank. We also went to Longhorn Cafe again. I couldn't resist getting another burger. My god they are so yummy. We also got the onion rings and fries. I also got one long island iced tea, but that was it. I had to drive. After that, we went to the hospital. He took his prescription in to the pharmacy and then we went to the MRI section of the hospital. He didn't want to do it. I know he didn't. He's claustophobic and he took a lot of sedatives and drank quite a bit so that he could go through with it. While he did that, I ended up doing some reading on my "Crossfire" book. There were a couple of errors I'm going to have to fix, but nothing too major. Then I was talking to this one lady who was waiting for her son to get done with an MRI or CT. Then we started hearing this lullaby play. The woman at the desk told us everytime we heard it, it meant a baby had been born! I thought that was very cool! The sad thing is, Greg got done over an hour before we could pick up his meds. Eventually we went out to the car to sit. Then at about 20 minutes til midnight he went in and picked up his prescription for pain meds. I feel so bad for him though. He is in such pain with that knee. It has to be replaced. Something had to be stapled and something else that I can't remember. I was definitely happy when it was all over though. I got him home. He gave me a couple of percocets to help with my sleep and then I came home. I haven't finished reading through "Crossfire" yet, but I wanted to get this written. Plus, I'm tired and ready for bed.

As for tomorrow Greg said maybe there would be a Taco Bell lunch. That would be nice. But I have nothing else going. No class. No other plans. If Susan comes back with my card and my money I'm going to go pay my car insurance. It has to be there by the 25th. But I'll make it. I just wish my $50 check had come in. I thought it should have. It sucks! Oh well, it still might show up. If it did it would make my month! That would be nice.


No comments: