Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!!

Well, I could have gotten up at 9:30am, but instead I went back to sleep for a couple hours more. Then Jordan woke me up. Not a big problem at all. I was looking forward to today! It was also a productive afternoon. I had Jordan start laundry for me. I cleaned out Karissa's litter box. I picked up some trash. I almost got coffee, but I decided against it. I just wanted water instead. I also played on Facebook for awhile and I typed up the rest of Chapter 3 for "Crossfire" which I'm really hapopy about. Four more chapters and I'll be all caught up! Then I can continue from there.

By the time it was almost 4:00pm, Jordan and I headed over to Jason and Susan's. When we got there Cassie was on the computer while Jason was cleaning things up. Jordan moved my chair so I could sit down comfortably and we all sat down and talked and listened to music. Jason got a little grumpy and I got a little worried, but he nodded off on the couch for a bit and I think it was just enough because he was actually pretty good the rest of the time. For awhile Cassie wouldn't let Jordan get on the computer because last time she was over he wouldn't let her get on the computer, but eventually she let him have it. 

When Susan got back they started the grill. She cut up watermelon which was soooooo good! I ate a lot of it. It was good to just hang out with them. I hadn't been over for dinner in awhile and I got a chance to see my Cassie. She is so beautiful. 

Once the chicken was done I could hardly wait to eat! We had Jason's BBQ, baked beans and corn on the cob. Susan also made some mac 'n cheese because she doesn't like beans. We also got soda. She poured it into water bottled which was a great idea. But you had to be careful opening them. The CO2 builds up and pops the cap off with a burst when you go to open it. That happed to Cassie and it hit her on her chin. :-P When I came home, I went to open it and the cap literally took off and hit the wall! LOL! But dinner was so good I went back for seconds - another piece of chicken, some mac 'n cheese and another ear of corn. I was definitely full after that. 

I also took photos of everyone there including the kitties. Susan took a pic of me with both Cassie and Jordan. I love it! Cassie had a pic with everyone except the cats. LOL! It was just wonderful and I have those pix to remember it!

Jordan and I stayed for a little longer, but Jason was ready for bed and Susan was getting tired. Plus, Jordan and I were ready to go. You just know when it's time. So I gathered up my stuff, hugged Cassie goodnight. Sometimes I still question my parenting and think about all the ways I screwed things up. But at least I know my kids love me and more important they know I love them. I try to only act in their best interests the only way I can.

Anyway, coming home I settled into watching the new "River Monsters" but Nicole called. Eddie told her that he wants to go live with his father. Emotionally it's a big blow. I know from personal experience, but like me she knows he'll get tired of it and want to come home. She also has issues with her Fiance's Ex-Wife. That woman still wants him in her life even though she's the one that wanted the divorce. Let go already! Ugh! So we talked for awhile. After that, I watched most of "Finding Bigfoot" and it's definitely a show I want to keep watching. I can't wait to find out when it's going to be airing on a regular basis. 

Well, I guess that's it for my Memorial Day tale! It's been a good one. I didn't get my exercising in, but that's okay. I'll pick it back up tomorrow. There has to be a skipped day once in awhile, especially when you're spending the day with friends!
   

No comments: