Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day - Kinda . . .



Even though it's Mother's Day, I wasn't really keen on getting up. I was tired. But as soon as Cassie arrived I was up and ready. I also put on make-up which I haven't done in so very long. Cassie said she'd lost her make-up, but I knew where it was since it was in one of my drawers. So she put on make-up too. I ended up running to the store with Cassie so that we could get ground beef. My mom made my Dad's chili. I suppose that kind of got me a little down a bit too. I ALWAYS miss my dad on Mother's Day. Anyway, Cassie and I went to Vons. I went there because I needed to pull out cash and it wasn't $20. There they let you pick an amount which is awesome. I pulled out $12 and it was the PERFECT amount. I have .49 cents left. LOL! Anyway, I got the ground beef - very little fat and I grabbed three large coffee creamers. Then I got Cassie and I each a soda. After that, we went to Tru-Value and I got my mom three Ring Tomato Cages. They were on sale and I guess they're good for tomatoes to grow. I'm just looking forward to the tomatoes that will come.

Cassie and I got home and believe it or not, we took a nap. My brother Tim came over and he worked on some wood under my window. It was a lot of noise, but I still managed to sleep. Cassie definitely did. Then I got up and went to KFC without Cassie and bought two buckets of chicken. That's also what my mom wanted for Mother's Day. When I got back, I got Cassie who was awake and we started eating chicken. But when we went to eat the chili turned out we were out of sour cream. Needless to say there was yet another trip to the store. This time to Albertson's. I got a bottle of water, a bottle of green tea by Golden Peak and what was awesome was that there was a sale on cereal. They were $1.99 a box which is a great price! I even bought Cassie a box to take home with her. When we got back, we had our chili and it was good.

When dinner was over, we went to my room and hung out on the computer, listened to music. First we listened to her playlist for awhile, then I talked her into listening to Weird Al which was fun. I love his music. They're so funny! Time went by pretty fast. We talked and I watched her playing on the computer. Then she was handing me over the computer when Jason and Susan texted that they were there. They brought Cassie's spring portraits and I gave Cassie the money for them so that she can give the money to her PE teacher - the teacher responsible for the photos.

I kinda feel emotional. I have all day. I wouldn't say I'm depressed but I do feel a bit down. I felt like I was going to cry many times. Even now I feel that way. Sometimes I think it's even harder seeing her because then she leaves. And it's hard that as much as she loves me, which she said in her card to me (from Romeo too!). She said no one could replace me. I'd like to think so. But it's hard when I'm not with her. I love her so much. I don't know, I just miss her. I think that I wasn't a good mom, which still comes up for me. But I had to do something right. She loves me. Maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself. Maybe I just need some sleep.

What was really cool though, is I wrote my Aussie and he wrote me back! :-) I sent him a pic of me today and he like it. Said I was looking hot! Makes me feel great. He also shared with me about his weekend and it's the most he's ever said to me about his family. I love it! I love to know about him and what he does . . . what's going on in his life. He really knows how to make me feel special and that is a great feeling.

Anyway, all in all it was a good day. I guess I have to hold on to that. Think I'm going to go eat a piece of chicken and go to sleep.

No comments: