Monday, May 16, 2011

A Sunday With My GOOD Family!

Today was another pretty good day, outside of being a bit sore from the stretches. But I have stretched for another day in a row. So far so good! It's because I "WANT" to do my stretches. Cool, huh?

Anyway, I woke up around noon, give or take 30 minutes. I then got coffee and did my stretches. I started doing my GRAPES, took my meds, went through some spirals looking for my hand-written version of "Crossfire" which I planned to finish reading and work on. After that, I headed over to Jason and Susan's because they invited me over for dinner. They did last night too, but I couldn't last night.

It was nice being over there. I got to spend time with Jason and Susan, but I really got to spend time with Cassie. Then I guess I was talking more than usual because Jason asked me if I was manic. LOL! I asked him if I were talking fast and he said after that, that he didn't think I was manic. I guess he's just not used to me talking that much anymore. Most of the time for the last year or so I haven't had much to say. But with the classes and working the tools everyday so far so good. But the real challenge will be when I have a really bad day. Hopefully I'll be able to really use the tools and cope. However, I hope I don't have to test it out anytime soon. But with Diana coming next month and me having to be elsewhere and out of my comfort zone . . . I don't know. I can see a lot of anxiety looming, but I'm hoping I keep it together. I mean, it's just one month right? Okay, well . . . we'll see what happens. But so far so good with the tools.

Anyway, Susan made chicken-fried steak with mashed potatoes and country gravy with corn on the cob. Then for dessert we had French Vanilla ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream. Then Jason and I watched part of this show called "Killing of Bin Laden" and it was interesting. I could have watched more, if there had been more. But shortly after that I took my leave. I said goodnight and goodbye. Gave Cassie hugs and kisses. On the way home I got fuel for the car. I needed it badly. Then once I was home I pulled apart my corner because I had the wrong spiral for "Crossfire". I had the original draft - what I'd written of it though. What I needed was the second draft - the one I was typing up before my desktop computer took a dump. It took awhile to get through my corner, but I have it better organized now. It could be better and eventually I'm going to have to pack it all up anyway. It just sucks. I hate that I have to uproot my life because Diana is coming. I know my mom wants to work on my room, but this is really going to play havoc with me emotionally. Oh well, I might as well not stress on it now.

So all I did tonight after going through my corner was watch "Law and Order: Criminal Intent" and then "In Plain Sight." They were both great episodes. It's interesting to see Goran in therapy. And then the love story of this guy and the woman he has always loved (Since he was 9), only to remain her best friend. But eventually he tells her how he feels. She tells him how she feels and they live happily in Witsec ever after! LOL! That and I think Marshal is still in love with Mary. I think he always will be. I wonder what Mary would do about that! LOL! He's her best friend. After that, I took Jordan to the store and we each got a piece of cake and a soda. I shouldn't have probably, but it sure tasted good! And I also wrote to my Aussie. I'm waiting to hear back from him, but he does get busy. Still . . . I wish I'd hear from him more.

Oh and it was so funny! Just for fun, I rubbed some catnip into the corner of my bed and I got a great laugh watching Karissa rub and roll all over it and eventually lay down and enjoy. It was so funny! It brought a smile to my face.

Anyway, tomorrow I have class - Recovery International Group. It's a great group. Then I'll be trying to work on "Crossfire." There's not much else on the agenda. We'll just take it as it comes.

  

No comments: