Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sinuses From Hell

I was supposed to go to a class today with Kimberly but I just couldn't get up. I was awake most of the night because my nose spray didn't work and I ws up with a fricken clogged up nose so I was so tired. Eventually I fell asleep and when Kim called I just couldn't get up. So I went back to sleep - breathing through my mouth and I am not a mouth breather. I would have kept sleeping if Jason hadn't have come over. I woke up, though reluctantly. Even now I'm still tired and have been dragging all day.

Anyway, Jason hung out with me for awhile. I can't remember what we talked about, but I do know that I gave him the Mother's Day Card to give to Susan. Susan and Cassie had gone to Walmart.

After Jason left I really didn't do too much. We were supposed to get together for dinner, but I really didn't feel up to it. In fact, I barely had enough energy to get to the store. And then most of what I bought were drinks. Two huge things of Gold Peak Tea - one sweet and one green tea. The Green tea is really good! I'd get it again! In fact, I might tomorrow. We'll see.

Basically I went to the store to get French Bread Pizza and lettuce for salad. I don't have the money to go out. Then my mom wanted blue cheese crumbles and I wanted Feta cheese crumbles so I grabbed little containers of those. But I really wanted something sweet for Mother's Day. They had all kinds of cakes and a huge cookie. I kind of wanted the cookie, but then I decided I was in a much more cakey mood. Cake seems to win out with me more than cookies usually anyway. Anyway, that was dinner and I still haven't had dessert yet, but I will get into it. There is no doubt about it. 

Anyway, I watched something really interesting on the history channel. There may be was a guy that survived Custar's Last Stand. It's a matter of how believable you think this guy was, but everything he said turned out to be accurate after years. He said he had enlisted under a different name, which I guess was pretty common back then. But to me, the story was very credible and I think it's very interesting that someone survived. Then I've been watching "Wyatt Earp" with Kevin Costner. So far so good. It started with him as a teenager and now he's in Dodge City. It was so sad about his first wife dying. 

I can't believe tomorrow is Mother's Day already. Cassie is coming home for the day so that makes me happy. My mom wants me to get a bucket of chicken from KFC and then these things called ring tomato cages. They're to help the tomato plants grow, I guess, and that's cool. Fresh tomatoes will be a good thing. As it is, we already got a couple strawberries off the strawberry plant. My mom gave them to me, too, which was very nice of her! I let Jordan pick out a card for me. I wanted at least one card even if I bought it myself. I know, sad. But Jordan did pick it out! :-) I think Cassie is going to be giving me a card too, and I look forward to that.

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm depressed, but I have been a little down today. Like tired. And I've had some anxiety. Not sure what triggered it, but you know, around Mother's Day I do get a little down. That's what it is. I miss my dad. He's not here to plan anything. To take us out to breakfast . . . It's been 8 years and I still miss him every year at this time through July. Not that there aren't other times of the year, but I feel it more around this time. I wish he were still alive - alive and healthy, that is.

I'm also worried about Karissa. She's had a fur ball almost every day and today she seems to have thrown up liquid. But she isn't looking or acting sick. In fact, she has been doing her usual sleeping, eating and drinking... and talking! LOL! She just loves to talk when she gets in the mood! But I worry. I just can't lose her. I think she's the thing that keeps me sane. She's back sleeping again. 

Well, I'm going to go enjoy my little cake and finish watching this movie. Then I'm going to sleep. My nose spray has finally started working again. Yay! I just hope they don't clog up again and rob me of another night's sleep.    

No comments: