Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Happy Friday!

Today was really a laid back day. One I have enjoyed quite a bit. I did sleep rather late. I think I woke up around 1:30pm - give or take 30 minutes. I was talking with Greg when Cassie came over after school. I quickly got off the phone and went to the door. Cassie had my Food Card and the money from Susan for food for cash. Then Cassie also had pictures she's drawn on cats and stuff. She did one I was really impressed with. She said it was Karissa and it looked like an animated Karissa. It was very cool!

After that, I waited a little bit, got dressed, watched an "Untamed and Uncut" about whales and then finally left to get a money order to pay my car insurance. I ended up having enough to get something to eat from McDonald's. I got my Extra Large Diet Dr. Pepper, a McChicken sandwich and I even got an ice cream cone. I made sure the drink was pushed into the drink holder all the way! I parked to eat the ice cream and the sandwich. Then I went to the post office and after all that, I still have $10 to put in my fuel tank! That was awesome! It gave me another 50 miles. That put me in a great mood. I'll probably have enough fuel to make it to all my classes next week.

After I came home I watched some TV, I think. Then I started dinner. It was left overs - Shepherd's Pie for Jordan and Lasagna for me. We started watching part of "Batman Forever" and then I went into the bedroom. I did some crocheting while watching TV. I watched some "River Monsters" which was cool. Then finally I got the computer.

Of course, I also did my stretches and played and pet Karissa. I was rewarded with a lot of purring. Then I wrote an email to my Aussie! :-D I won't hear from him for another day or two, but that's cool. I also got on Facebook and actually chatted with Steve and Ada for a bit. I taught Ada how to make the smiley faces on chat. :-) She said no one else would tell her. LOL! With Steve, we talk about the kids. The bad thing is it makes me think about the past and how much I failed the kids. I mean, I try not to think about it. But that's how it is. If I think about the past, it's hard to ignore the fact that I fucked up with them. I know it was a lot my illness, but I don't know. I just wish I had been better. More consistent. That I had gotten them to school every day instead of letting them stay home - because of them playing sick or me being tired. I wish I had been able to be a better person.

Anyway, I'm not going to let it get to me. I did what I could and my kids have never doubted once that I loved them when I grew up feeling unloved. So I did that right! Maybe that was the most important thing I did for them. I certainly hope so!


No comments: