Sunday, May 22, 2011

Proud as a Peacock!

Today was another quiet day. I woke up, got coffee and I did my stretches watching "Quigley Down Under." I felt really good about getting my stretches done. Jason called me too at Disney California and told me all that Cassie was doing. It's nice because it makes me feel like I'm part of it. I got to hear about how she rode the rollercoaster with the loops and she rode Tower of Terror. She even won a Dumbo from some game she played! I am so proud of her for the rides though. Those were the two she was really afraid of, but Jason's son Daniel talked her into them and now she LOVES them! LOL! I knew she would once she tried them. So that was very cool.

Anyway, I also did more typing up of "Crossfire." I made it through chapter 2! I am typing up better on here, though I still do get tripped up. I just get my fingers crossed, I guess. But all in all my typing is getting much faster on here with fewer mistakes and fewer issues with hitting the cursor pad on the laptop. I am really proud of myself! I think I'm going to try to type up a chapter a day and see how that goes. Some chapters are longer than others so we'll see. But that will be the goal.

I also did something else that I'm proud about. It took a lot of determination on my part. I called Kimberly!! I took a deep breath and did it! I got her answering machine, but she eventually called me back and we talked for awhile about a bunch of different things. I am just so proud of myself for reaching out. It's still going to take effort to do it again, but one success can lead to another! And I told Kim I would see her at class tomorrow.

Karissa has been loving. She likes to sleep on top of my crate. I have so much stuff in it, but since I put my shirt down for her she has hardly moved off it. I have also pet, hugged and kissed her all day long. It sure makes me feel good and she doesn't seem to mind since she purrs. I don't know what I'd do without her. Being without Cassie is difficult, but Karissa eases that pain a bit.

Tonight I just have been kicking back, playing on Facebook. I think I found a couple of old friends online, but I haven't found the one I really want to find - Troy. Wish I could find him, but I just can't seem to do it. It's frustrating, but I hope one day I'll catch up with him again.

I also watched some repeats of "River Monsters" followed by "Law and Order: Criminal Intent" followed by "In Plain Sight." Both great episodes. Right now, "Burn Notice" is on and at midnight I'm going to watch the new episode of "River Monsters." I do enjoy that show. The crazy thing is I'm hungry again so I think I'm going to go find a snack.  Eventually I'll sleep.

No comments: