Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Paxil Upset

Well, it's been a long day. But it was nice to wake up to Cassie. I wanted to go back to sleep for a little bit, but I got moving. I didn't realize Susan was bringing the girls over so early. Though I told her the appointment was at 10:00am. But that was okay. We left early enough to stop at the store for donettes and for me to get a diet Dr. Pepper from McDonald's. I knew approximately where I was going, but I wasn't sure where exactly. Anyway, we headed down there and I drove around another 15-20 minutes just trying to find this place. If Kate wouldn't have called, I might have figured it out eventually, but she told me where they were and boom. We made it there. First Kate talked to Cassie alone while I figured out paperwork. Then she took me back to talk with her. She thinks Cassie would benefit from a low dose of paxil. I think so too, especially when school starts. But OMG! When Jason found out he was an asshole telling me that he wasn't going to make her take them. I told him I was the mom and I had to make the decision and he flipped out. Tried to tell me that because he lived with her it should be his decision. I corrected him on that. He said take her then. I told him I'd pick her up tonight, but he'd have to explain it. I knew he couldn't handle it. He was apologizing and everything. I also talked to Susan who was trying to say medication is bad too, but this is what was recommended by a professional - a competent professional. Not like those quacks they have at El Cajon County Mental Health. Anyway, it eventually all worked out. He apologized. He's not thrilled with the idea but it will be a low dose. I'm sure it won't be over 20mg. I'm hoping it will help her out when it comes to school. Of course, she has a full Physical on the 11th. I need to talk to her doctor about it. Because Cass is on a waiting list for therapy and psychiatry. It's going to take time. So Kate suggested going to the doctor and asking her for the paxil. So that's the plan.

Something cool happened with my groups. There was a woman who had just started a movie group and I told her I'd join hers if she'd join mine and she did!! It's cool! I have someone that will actually POST!! Then I decided I'd invite her to "I'm not Fat! I'm Fluffy" and she joined!! She also posted a couple of things. FINALLY!! So I'm happy about that.

I also finished reading "State if Fear" and now I'm reading "Ice Cold" by Tess Gerritsen. So far I'm over 100 pages into it. It's just that good! I think I'll finish it pretty quickly. Then I'm going to read the book Cassie left called "Fallen." I'm glad I am reading. I just wish I had more stories by Tess Gerritsen. I really love her work. 

Anyway, Jordan and I had raviolies for dinner. That was good. But we're both hungry again. But I have to finish this and then maybe wait until Diana's upstairs. Though I think we're just going to go eat. Diana was pleasant enough earlier. She invited us to have some of her corn. But still. I don't trust her farther than I could throw her, but I'm going to go with this calm for now. I just don't want shit from her. I don't want her attitude. We'll see, I guess. 

Well, I'm skipping class tomorrow so that I have the fuel to make it to Welfare on Thursday. I have to be re-evaluated for benfits. I don't have a note from my therapist, but I hope they don't give me issues about it. I can get them and they usually give me a stupid form to take to him anyway. Ugh! I hate this crap, but I got to do what I got to do.

Okay, this was probably pretty disjointed. My brain is sort of scattered, but all in all I'm okay. I watched "Deadliest Catch" and "After the Catch" and now it's time to maybe get that cereal and head to bed.

Later!
                           

No comments: