Saturday, July 16, 2011

Life's a Beach - Really!!

Man, I'm tired. Not that I physically did that much, but I did go to the beach today with Jason and Susan!! And Cassie and Lauren too. I was so tired this morning too because I couldn't seem to sleep well last night. But I told Cassie I would go to the beach with her and so I did!! :-) My mother was kind of pissed at me at first because I had totally forgotten about it until Jason had reminded me last night. But after a bit she said maybe it was a good thing. I could do some walking and I planned to do some swimming, but DAMN that water was FREEZING!! It was really great! We stopped at the store and got some supplies like water and cookies we headed to the bay. There wasn't any waves in the bay, but it was cool. The girls immediately were in the water. :-) Well, I think we had lunch first - PB&J. It was pretty good and then the girls talked me into going into the water with them. OMG the water was COLD!!! But I inched my way out there and eventually I dunked under and THAT didn't make it any better. The girls wanted to go past the drop-off, but I won't go in water that I can't see and where I can't touch the ground. It frustrated Cassie, but I just figured I'd get some shells. Found several interesting colored ones. They eventually got Susan to go in, but not all the way either, I don't think. I noticed that when the grown-ups wouldn't go to the drop-off with them, they didn't do it themselves either, so I wasn't the only one afraid. They had fun though hanging in the relative shallows. I mean four-five feet deep is deep enough. They just went up and down the shoreline. Eventually, I went down in the water again, but not that deep. I wanted pix of the girls in the water. After that, I pulled out "Fallen" and started reading. Everyone tried to keep me from getting sunburned, but I got a little burned anyway. But all in all, I really had a fantastic time! The sun was warm, the breeze was cool . . . It was really great and I would love to do it again. Maybe they'll take me along again sometime. They tell me I'm too white. I could use more color. So we'll see.

After I got home, I finally went to the bathroom and changed. I also finished reading "Fallen." I'm going to wait until tomorrow or so before I start "Torment." It ought to be interesting. Nothing like being in love with an angel. :-) It's very cool. I'm not as drawn into as I was to "Twilight" but it's still good. Great characters and I hope to see more of them. I'm particularly interested in the relationship between Daniel and Cam.

Anyway, I went to Cafemom for a bit. I uploaded some pix of fireworks. I really didn't do much else. I think I might do a couple of book reviews since I finished reading two books in three days. But we'll see. I'm tired and I might leave it for tomorrow. Maybe. In fact, I think that's what I'm going to do. Take my meds and go to sleep.

A good end to a good day!

No comments: