Friday, March 18, 2011

Rating for Today: Better Than Average!

Last night I should have set my alarm, but luckily my mother woke me up in time to get dressed, grab coffee and get out the door to get her to her doctor's appointment. I got her there with 10 minutes to spare! So timing was very good. While I waited for her to get done seeing the doctor, I went across the way to Walmart. I didn't really do much. I just kind of looked around at the different things that interest me, but all in all, I ended up at the McDonald's there with a $1 drink and a book. I started reading "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton, but I've literally only just started it. I got several pages into it when she called me to pick her up. Then as I'm driving, I get a call from Calworks that told me I'm supposed to go to some orientation when my doctor cleared me from doing this for a year as I work on getting things set to permanent. I can't end up back in the hospital again! It would help my case even more, but I don't want to go into the hospital! Anyway, I am going to have to make some kind of noise over this and see what happens. Just the thought of being forced into this situation makes me start shaking and panicky. I can't go through weeks or months of it like I tried before. I just can't! I don't think I'd survive it.

Anyway, so I'm trying to take this call and pick up my mom. Not the smartest thing to do while driving, but it was more difficult trying to keep her quiet while I finished the call. Finally I did and then I finally explained it to her. For some reason she thought I was talking to Susan or Greg or someone. I can't remember now. But I was still pretty upset, though I don't think I showed it too much. Probably came out as irritation more than anything else.

My mom came out with prescriptions so I ended up taking her to the pharmacy and she treated me to breakfast at Denny's. Instead of just getting the value slam, she had both of us get Build-Your-Own-Slams. It was great. I got pancakes, hashbrowns, sausage links and oatmeal. I know it's a strange combination, but boy was it delicious! That put me in a better mood. Of course, good food always brings a good mood! Of course, what sucked was the fact that my first finger on my right hand . . . the nail came off at the quick when I went to move my chair. Even now it's hard to type, but I'm over it. I'll get better.

When I got home, I really didn't do too much. Actually, since Jordan had the laptop I decided that I would write notes for one of my stories since I'd come up with a change I want to make when I rewrite it. Needless to say that kept me kind of busy. I'd had Jordan pull out ground turkey for dinner. Originally I thought I would make Shepherd's Pie but Jordan and I decided on spaghetti instead. After dishes were washed from earlier I started dinner. What I think is funny is that when my mom makes spaghetti there is usually some left. When I make spaghetti there is rarely any left. I don't do a lot of things well, but making spaghetti is definitely one of the things I do very well! Then we also finally got into the Julian Apple Pie I got for the $5 and OMG!! It was so worth it! It would have been worth the $15 if I'd had to pay that much. Maybe I'll get one every month now as a treat for all of us. I'm going to do my best to cut out snacks again. I was pretty good for awhile, but the last two months have been bad for snacking. I eat a night and I need to stop that. Anyway, the pie was fantastic! And I have to say that it was kinda nice to do the cooking. Even though my back is not appreciating it much! LOL!

After dinner I took the time to clean out the litter box. I mean, let's face it. It NEEDS to get done! Especially with it being in my room. Plus, I'm sure my baby appreciates it. What I think is so funny though, is that when Karissa gets out of the room when she shouldn't Jordan makes his noise and chases her back into the room and then she talks to him! In fact, sometimes when he just comes into the room she'll talk to him! :-) It is so cute!!! I think she's starting to figure out that she doesn't go out of the house when it's dark. LOL! But she doesn't get it completely yet. She's such a good baby.

And last of all, I have watched some GREAT TV today. I saw an episode of "House" that had to be pretty recent and it just about broke my heart! He gets rejected by Cutty AND he goes back on Vicodin . . . I just wanted to cry! :-( Then Jordan and I watched a couple of episodes of "NCIS" which were pretty good. But I decided I wanted to see if Syfy would have full episodes of "Stargate: Universe" which they did!! I was so excited because then I got to watch Monday's Episode which I missed! That was so awesome! There was a second Dr. Rush,  a second Destiny and only one set of the crew alive. However, they also killed off Col. Telfort. It was a riveting episode. It's crazy that Telfort is dead. Go figure.

At the moment, I'm watching "Dan Meltzer's Decoded" about DB Cooper. I find it so interesting. I think they had it right. This guy Kenny Christiansen fits almost everything about it. Even the picture of him was so similar to the sketch of DB Copper! I mean, come on!! That has to say something! Of course, it's all circumstantial, but . . . well . . . if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck . . . The last thing I want to watch is the last "Fairly Legal" because I missed that last night and I'm pretty sure it's up. But I'm also getting pretty tired so I might save it for tomorrow because Saturday's are usually deserts when it comes to TV. Guess we'll find out. I think I'll just take my night meds, finish watching about DB Cooper and go to sleep.

Rating for today: Better than Average! ;-)

No comments: