Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oh What a Day!

Today was an important day or rather this morning I had an important appointment and I almost slept through it!! Thank God Susan was going with me and she called and woke me up. Otherwise I would have missed Cassie's IEP meeting (Individual Education Program). If I had missed it, it would have been two important appointments I would have missed. I don't know why my memory is sucking at the moment. It's bothering me a lot. There's no reason I should be scattered. None of my meds have been changed. I'm not under any specific stress. I was depressed but it eased up . . . so I don't know why I'm so scatter-brained.

Anyway, the IEP meeting went pretty well. Cassie's being moved out of Mrs. Mann's math class. Frankly Cassie doesn't like the woman and neither do I. Even Susan said there was something about her she didn't like. I didn't really pick up a bad vibe from her, but there is something that gives Cassie anxiety about her, so as far as I'm concerned that's enough for me to want Cass out of her class. So now she'll be in a smaller class and have more individualized attention. It's what she needs for Math. However, we also found out she'd been lying about doing homework. She'd say she didn't have any and it turned out she did!! So next week during Spring Break (which I'm pissed that it's not the week of Easter) she's going to catch up with her history and English. She doesn't have to worry about Math now since her class is being changed. Susan is going to make sure she gets that missing work done so that next grading period her grade will pull up because right now she's still failing which sucks because she's way smarter than that. But either way, it was a positive meeting. The couselor is putting in for AB2726 or whatever it is. It's basically therapy through the school district.  And that's if the program is even going to be continuing. But with Cassie's anxiety she really needs the help. I'm also going to ask her current therapist about getting a psychiatrist for the anxiety. Maybe they can put her on paxil like me. It's an anti-depressant, but it also works for anxiety. Guess we'll see what happens.

Since then I have been so tired. Jordan and I tried to take the bottles and cans in to get recycled and guess what?? The place was closed! I actually called the company that runs the place and they told me someone didn't come in to work, but that someone would be there tomorrow. I hope so! I want to take that stuff in. Get it out of my car and get some cash for it. We also have glass to take. I should get a decent amount for it. Jordan wants a cheeseburger so I promised him that. The rest will go for fuel . . . well, maybe a cheeseburger for me too! LOL! I was just so frustrated that they weren't open, but you know what? Shit happens. Tomorrow they'll be open!

I didn't write with Patty B today. I really just didn't feel up to it. I guess because I'm so freakin' tired. So instead I just worked on my schedule. I think I'm up to the end of September 2011. I'd like to be in December, but I'm working on it. I'll just keep going a little bit every day. I am still aggravated by that, but like I said before - shit happens.

Well, my mother made dinner. We had polish sausage, hashbrown potatoes and green beans. I made Jordan a plate because he asked me to. The best was the hashbrowns. My mom wants to get more of them since they were a hit with all of us. I ate mine with some BBQ sauce. Mmmmmm! I was pretty full after dinner. I still crave sugar though. Ah well.

After dinner I went back to my room and I watched reruns of "Destination Truth" before the new one came on and then "Marcel's Quantum Kitchen." I love these shows. I do have to say that "Marcel's Quantum Kitchen" really is a very cool show. I don't know how well it's doing with ratings, but I sure would like to see more of the show. But I do know SyFy isn't exactly the Food Network.

While writing this, Karissa growling in her sleep again. She growled a few times. I didn't wake her and now she's half awake, stretched across my size of the bed. LOL! Then when Cassie came home long enough to grab one of her school books Karissa meowed at her when she came in. Then she moewed as Jordan came in. She got petties from everyone. LOL! She is a very sweet and very spoiled baby kitty.

Anyway, I'm taking my meds and going to sleep. I am TIRED! Tomorrow I have to think about going downtown. Ick. I don't know. Guess we'll find out. Time for bed and stop thinking about crap.

No comments: