Sunday, March 13, 2011

Here's To a Better Day!

I didn't exactly wake up early this morning. But I was awake before noon. That must say something. And that was thanks to Jason. He came over so Susan could get the food card. He stayed with me as she went to the store. We hung out and as we did I slowly woke up. It actually took me quite awhile. Usually I can get up and wake up pretty quick, but I guess with the depression it takes awhile. What I can say is that today was better emotionally than yesterday, except for a couple of things. Well, one thing - Jordan, Susan and Jason. Jordan told them he's not going to school and going to get a job. But he lied to Susan saying he was going to go to school too. Not good. So she was hurt. She was hurt so bad she cried. I don't understand why Jordan just won't try to get his education, but after thinking about it for awhile, I also realized that, it's like me losing weight. You have to really want it. He doesn't. Until he does it's not going to happen. I think he's going to get a big dose of reality when it comes to getting a job. I might get him an alarm clock that he'll have to set and use. Of course, that's if his hours end up in the morning. After all, he's not going to get more than a part time job. There just aren't a lot of jobs out there and the ones that are are part time. In fact, I recently read in an article that minumum wage jobs were increasing, but there was almost no difference in higher paying jobs. And most of jobs offered are part time. Does that suck or what?? This country is going to hell in a handbasket I think. I love my country, but they are bleeding the middle and lower class dry and barely touching the money of the uber rich. I think there is a lot of corruption in the government otherwise the money taken from the people would be more fair.

Okay, I didn't plan to write in that direction. Go figure. But I think Jordan needs a big dose of reality and I think he's going to get it. If however, it works out for him - FANTASTIC!!! But if not, then he'll have a chance to start over. All we can do is see what happens.

After awhile Jason and I left to go cash my check and get my $50 from food for cash. It was nice having $100. I got Jason and I shamrock shakes. OMG, I LOVE those things! I also got a McChicken sandwich. I knew I was going to need to eat something. Then after we got to his place, Susan was leaving to take Cassie and Katie Belle to their friend Tyler's while she went to Walmart. My nose started stopping up, which sucked. I forgot to grab my nose spray. But I spent my time reading "The Surgeon." I have less than 100 pages to go. I have two other books to read, but I really want another Tess Gerritsen book. Maybe I'll go to Target tomorrow and see if they have any books by her that I don't have. Either that, or I break down and go to Barnes and Noble or somewhere like that.

Anyway, after Susan came back, I went to Albertson's near them and got nose spray that I'm going to keep in my purse though it kinda works like crap. I also got myself a "Woman's World" magazine, a bottle of water and a little notebook. It was $4, but it's sturdy and I like sturdy books. I also grabbed Hawaiian sweet rolls to snack on. I was kinda hungry. Going back, Jason was watching Basketball. The Aztecs were playing against whatever Bringham-Young University calls it's team. I didn't really follow the game except to know the Aztecs were winning and they ultimately won. Guess out of the three games they played against them this was the only one they won. I spent most of that time reading too. Then Susan went to get the girls from their friend's house. I love my Cassie and it's always good to see her. I got my hugs and got to see her beautiful face again. Then she went off into the other room with Katie to play. Susan made Chili Mac for dinner. It was awesome as usual. I ate a second helping. LOL! Even Jason had more. Cassie and Katie Belle wanted to rent a scary movie so they told them if they wanted the movie they would have to work to clean up Cassie's stuff behind the couch. Her clothes are in a tub back there and so are her stuffied. What was really funny was when she started going through the stuffies she found two of mine! LOL! It took awhile. Jason played music videos for us. I took down names of songs to add to my playlist. I'm too tired tonight so that will be something for me to do tomorrow.

As the girls were looking through the movies they saw "I spit on your grave." I guess they did a remake, but I told Cassie I didn't want her seeing it and for me, it has to have a good reason considering some of the stuff she has seen. But I saw the original. I am all for revenge flicks, but I do not want my daughter to see a graphic rape scene. I don't know about this recent one, but the one back then was very graphic. They showed it. I was early teens when I saw it myself, I believe. I don't remember exactly, but I remember that scene pretty well. Anyway, I think they settled for "The Last Exorcism," though I'm not sure. Guess I'll find out later.

On the way home, I was hungry again so I got some egg rolls from Jack in the Box and then I got a ice cream cone and a soda from McDonald's. I ate and then finally came home, grabbed my drink, purse and bears with me. As soon as I opened my bedroom door Karissa ran out of it. LOL! I can't blame her. The room was completely dark for several hours. I mean, she's a cat and can see in the dark, but she's not often in the dark anymore. And not often alone for that long either. :-) She's turned into quite the spoiled baby. It didn't take her long to decide to go back into the room. Since then, I've been working on this and watching "The Green Mile." I already saw the ending because that's where I came in on it. But to my luck they are re-airing it. I'm so tired and it's almost 1:00am, so I am ready to sleep. Of course, I've adjusted for Daylight Saving's Time. We'll see if I stay awake. What I've seen so far though, this is an excellent movie and if I see it at Walmart I might just pick it up to have. Then I can watch it when I want, too. In case I fall asleep. I am just so tired. Something else for tomorrow.

No comments: