Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Manic Monday? Kinda . . .

Well, I didn't make it to water aerobics today. I was way too tired. Ended up sleeping until noon, but I figure I'll get over it. I have to wake up and stay awake tomorrow at 6:30am to wake Jordan up for school and maybe go to water aerobics. Might take the 5-hour energy too. So I'll take two in a row. It won't kill me to do it once.

Today was kind of somber. Susan came over looking for Christopher until I woke up. Then I made the flyer to put up. Running it off was fun. My printer cable doesn't fit anywhere on the laptop so I'll eventually need an adapter. So that was the first way and it failed. I thought my desktop computer was fried, but it turns out it can be turned on and used. So basically I had emailed the flyer to Susan's email account. I pulled it up and ran off about 30 flyers. They came out really good. But it was raining today so the flyers aren't going up until tomorrow. The rain is supposed to be cleared up by then. After Cassie got out of school and we couldn't find thumb tacks, her and Susan left. That was my cue to go to the store and do some shopping. After the fiasco last night at Walmart I decided to stop at Albertson's to get a bottle of water. It was while I was there I saw Twinkies with chocolate filling so I grabbed a box. Yummy! I was able to get them. My food money was finally there so I felt good and it was good to get that treat though I haven't tried it yet. Maybe tomorrow.

After that, I headed to Walmart and did some SERIOUS shopping. I had to sit out in the parking lot for about 10 minutes because I forgot the shopping list and had to call my mother so she could give it to me again. It was a good thing I had a spiral notebook and pens with me. I got the list and went inside and shopped like a mad woman! LOL! Not only did I get what was needed, but I grabbed what Jordan and I had been trying to get at midnight. By the time I was done, I had been invited over to Jason and Susan's for dinner, so I had to go home, get Jordan to take things inside, get things put away and then take off.

Being over at Jason and Susan's was nice. Cassie was doing homework with her friend Tyler. Paige came over and they all played together, except when Paige was asking me these This or That questions from a BFF book. Don't remember what the book was called but there was all kinds of silly questions in it. Susan made dinner, but she started late so I took Tyler home. Getting back, Susan had the Spaghetti and Texas Toast ready. It was so good! But it was nice. Part of the time I kicked back with the kids and read my book while they did their school work. My book is awesome! Tess Gerritsen is such a fantasatic writer.

Anyway, after that we had ice cream sundaes from McDonald's and then I had to say goodnight because it was after 10:00pm. I also figured that I should go back to Albertson's before it closed so that I could get Jordan his St. Patty's Day Shot 'o Luck necklace and my St. Patty's Day headband bopper. I also ended up getting mini cupcakes, yogurt that was on sale and a cream puff that was on the clearance rack. I haven't eaten it yet but that's probably next.

I guess even though the day was kind of sad because we can't find Christopher, it was nice that we got to visit and have dinner together. It was just a really nice time. Not that we haven't done it a million times before but I'm appreciative for each and everytime. It really feels like family time. I don't know how I would have survived without them emotionally.

Now it's time to start winding down. I watched "Being Human" and I'm going to watch the premiere of "Stargate: Universe." I am so bummed these are the last 10 episodes because they cancelled the show - the bastards . . . But then I heard they're going to green-light a couple of movies so that the storyline will get wrapped up. I'm just glad they're not going to leave us hanging. That pisses me off more than anything else when shows just end and leave you hanging. And I do love my TV shows.

Wow, I'm getting tired. Guess it's time to get ready for bed, maybe eat that cream puff, watch my show and go to sleep. That is, if I don't fall asleep with it on. :-P

No comments: