Sunday, March 13, 2011

Decently Good!!

I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to start waking up early again. But tomorrow I'm setting the alarm and hopefully I'll wake up in the morning, stay awake and go to the gym. I need to go swimming. But today, I slept until almost 3:00pm. Technically it would have been 2:00pm, but we did have Daylight Savings Time start this morning. I was tired last night, but I would wake up and stay awake for awhile before going back to sleep. Tonight I have ativan to ease me into sleep and probably get deeper sleep. Maybe less dreaming too. I was dreaming about models last night, a party, a lost necklace . . . I can't remember the rest. Just strange. But that's the nature of dreams - to be strange and hidden in symbolism, which I suck at interpreting! LOL! Ah well.

My mom is sick today. She was ticked that I didn't get up early, but I did do the dishes which I told her I would do. What aggravates me is that she loves to say how impatient Jordan and I are when we want something (Cassie too), but she's just as impatient when SHE wants something or someone to do something. But I feel bad for her. She really doesn't feel good and I do worry. She thinks I don't care, but I do. I asked her if she wanted me to get her anything at the store and she just said to get Corned Beef and Cabbage. They were on sale. Oh and milk too. So I went to Vons and did just that. But I also wanted to try to find another book by Tess Gerritsen, but as luck would have it, the two used books stores that I knew of are out of business!!! And I also tried Target. They used to have a decent book section and really, the one they had at the one I went to sucked. Walmart's was better. At least at Walmart they carried three of her books. I saw none at Target. I was so frustrated!! Now I don't know what to do except to go to a book store and paying full price, which will have to wait until next month. I just wish I could have gotten another book by her. It sucks.

After I came back, I played on the computer for a bit. In fact, I added a bunch of songs to my Playlist. I was looking for songs by Trace Adkins and the funny thing is I could only find three songs and that was spelling his name Atkins. When I spelled it the right way, there was NOTHING. And just now, I tried Adtkins which is a really WRONG spelling and I got about 7 songs. Go figure! Found one of the songs I was looking for at least. Then I made dinner. It was nothing fantastic. It was just salad and Chef Boyardee beef raviolies. I had Jordan wash dishes and George wipe down the table. I had Jordan wake up grandma and ask her if she wanted any of it. She felt like crap still, but she took some of the ravioli and she said she wanted vanilla ice cream. It worked out well since the kids and I wanted Thin Mint ice cream. Jordan grabbed the containers, bowls and spoons and I dished it up. I thought the Thin Mint ice cream would be more minty. But the kids liked it. We were also watching "Jurassic Park" during dinner and dessert. I forgot how good that movie was. I couldn't help myself making comments during it. I just have some good recollections about the movie and the book.

I ended up going back out to the store. Jordan and I had to go pick up my medication and grandma's. Then I wanted to go back to the store and get another Corned Beef because I could only get one on sale earlier. But coming back again I could get another. So Jordan went to the pharmacy while I went to Vons. Of course, I also had to get onions, red potatoes then I wanted to get yogurt covered pretzels and then red vines for Jordan. Also got Dr. Pepper for Jordan and I. It was a nice cap to the evening.

Other than that, I haven't done much else. I did watch "Chopped All-stars" which is fantastic!! Tonight had Duff, I can't remember the one girl's name, then Chef Ann and Chef Robert. Ann and Robert always have a playful rivalry. Ann keeps winning. LOL! They did "Worst cooks In America" together and she won that. I think they did something like "Iron Chef America" and she won that. LOL! He doesn't have a lot of luck winning against her. As much as I love Chef Robert, I was rooting for Chef Ann! LOL! There is just something about her I really like. In fact, she would be a good cooking teacher. After all, I've seen her do that in the one show. I am kinda watching "Iron Chef Aamerica" tonight, but it's a repeat so I don't have to give my full attention to it. But tonight is definitely my Food Network night to watch TV. I missed "Food Network Challenge" tonight, but that's okay.

Well, I think that's pretty much it for my day. It wasn't a terribly exciting day, but it was a decently good day. Think maybe I'll do a little reading, or maybe I'll save that for tomorrow. I am kinda tired and I want to take my ativan. Then I have a good shot of going to sleep early and then getting up early won't be such an issue. Well, maybe . . . but the goal is to get up, stay up, go swimming and come home, do some reading, maybe do some writing . . . Wish I could get a hard copy of my latest story. But maybe I'll re-read what I have so far and then take notes about what I want to do to continue the story. I have to try to get back to writing every day. It's my job and I love it. I just have to not get discouraged.

Okay, think that's it. Karissa is sleeping on the corner of the bed. I will be cuddling her later, I'm sure. We'll snuggle a bit before I go to sleep. Oh, and "The Green Mile" last night was FANTASTIC! I can see why it got awards. It was wonderful and one of these days I'll get it for my collection. I don't have the money at the moment. Now it's time to settle down for the night.

Goodnight, sweet dreams . . . May tomorrow be a wonderful day!

No comments: