Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I don't know why, but I LOVE St. Patrick's Day! Maybe it stems back to when I was a teenager where my friend Krista or maybe it was Nicky, but her and I, we used eyeliner and green eyeshadow and we colored our faces for St. Patrick's Day and had my mom take us up to Grossmont Center. LOL! We got a lot of smiles as we walked around Montgomery Wards (yes, I remember when they used to be around). I had such a good time. We laughed the whole time we were there I think! Then as I had the kids, I always made sure they had green for St. Patrick's Day. I've made corned beef and cabbage, though I don't think I cook it all that well. My mother does great. 

Anyway, I love St. Patrick's Day. :-) 

Today, however, I was so tired I slept until 2:00pm. I missed a text from Cassie to bring her some advil, which I don't have any anyway. But as soon as I was up, my mom asked if I would go to Walmart and get her some sanitary napkins. She also gave me extra to get Jordan hamburgers and fries for dinner. But before I could leave the house I had to our on my green shirt, my big green ribbon that says "Eat, Drink, Be Irish!" along with four little pins, each saying something different: Honorary Leprechaun, Get Lucky Be Irish, Kiss Me I'm Irish and Happy St. Patrick's Day. Then I also wore a shamrock bandana and shamrock headband boppers. Needless to say I was definitely decked out for today!

I went through the drive thru at McDonald's to get a Diet Dr. Pepper on my way. Getting to Walmart I got a decent place to park that wasn't handicapped. When I was there I decided to get a Woman's World, green food coloring, and I finally found "Batman Begins" in the $5 bin! I was able to get the extras because I found a Walmart gift card that still had $10 on it. I also got a lot of smiles as I walked around. I think people appreciate the display of those of us that really get into the holiday. Oh and I also picked up chocolate covered marshmallow eggs. It was only $1. Then I was also invited over to Jason and Susan's for dinner. The invite came at the perfect time. My mom didn't feel up to making Corned Beef and Cabbage and they had fixed it. I made sure I took the food coloring with me and went over there after I dropped off the other stuff - like my mom's sanitary pads.

Cassie was in the tub when I got over there. Jason loved my St. Patty's day look. Susan did too! It was so good to see Cassie! I have missed her so much. But she's doing well. While Susan cooked and played on the computer, I watched stuff on the History channel about the black plague and then about Barbarians. I would have prefered stuff about ancient Ireland, but what can you do? Jason was taking a nap and Cassie stayed in the tub for a long time. When Cassie got out, she got the computer. Susan gave us each a bit of corned beef. Yum! I was particularly hungry since I hadn't eaten. I also went out and got the lemon lime soda from my trunk, so when Susan fed us, she also made us glasses of green soda!! It was awesome! I had two glasses full. And then I finished my plate and Jason couldn't eat anymore so I finished his. LOL! It was so good! I could have probably have eaten even more, but really, I wouldn't want to look like a complete piggie.

Finally at 8:30pm it was time for Cassie to take a melatonin to help her sleep - she didn't sleep well last night either. So I gave her lots of hugs and kisses. By the time I finally got out the door though, it was like 9:00pm or maybe a bit later. I didn't get home until about 9:30pm, give or take about ten minutes. Susan had given me two bottles of apple cider that I had left there. I brought one into my room when I got home and together, Jordan and I drank it. It was good. We also shared my chocolate covered marshmallow eggs. The bad thing though was that I totally forgot Destination Truth's Live Episode in Ireland tonight was on. It had started at 7:00pm so I've missed a lot. It also only has about 30 minutes left. I'm hoping they will air an encore, not that I'll be watching it all. I'll need to sleep at some point and I am kinds tired.  But I can say it's been a pretty good day and I had fun wearing all my St. Patty's Day gear. :-D

Now I think I'm going to take my night meds and watch what is left of Destination Truth as they look for a Banshee.

No comments: