Thursday, November 24, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I am way tired like always, but I had a pretty darn good day!! I woke up when Cassie got here this morning at 11:00am. I should have gotten up earlier and helped my mom with a few things, but I just couldn't wake up. As soon as Cassie got there I did get up so that's something. It was so good to hug my girl! :-) I've missed her over the past couple of days.

I also finally brushed out my hair and took a shower which was way overdue. I had Cassie pull me out a brown top and brown pants. After all, it's Thanksgiving and that's really the only Thanksgiving color I really had. I don't have anything orange. I do have a yellow and brown shirt, but I was in a mood for solids.

Cassie and I stayed in my room for awhile. Then went out to my mom. She was a little upset that no one came to help her. But she didn't stay upset. I think she was more upset that Tim was late. She carved the turkey and we all ate. And oh was the food delicious!! Tender, tender turkey, mashed potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, cooked carrots, sausage and sage stuffing, cranberry sauce, rolls. I think that was everything - OH!! Her gravy!! Cassie says she waits for Grandma's gravy every year because it's the best. :-)

I thought this was sweet all the way around. My mom had set up the dining room table so the kids could sit with her. Well, they all decided to sit with me iin the other room. Then Cassie saw Grandma sitting all by herself and said, "I'm going to go sit with Grandma." So her and Taylor sat with my mom and Cassie said it was probably the first real conversation they had ever had! I think that was fantastic! I think it made it a nice Thanksgiving for my mom and it was a show of just how big my Cassie's heart is. And she was wearing the scarf Grandma got her for her birthday which my mom was thrilled about.

I went back into the bedroom and was on the computer for a bit. Cassie went to take a bath. Then we went to get Jason. I'd already put aside a HUGE plate for him. Cassie came with me when we went to pick up Jason at Amaya. As soon as we got back I heated up his plate in the microwave - God I love having a microwave again!! Anyway, he enjoyed it and thanked me at least three times for twisting his arm to get him here for Thanksgiving. Then we had pie. Cassie had apple, Jordan had just pumpkin, grandma had one of apple and one of pumpkin and I had one of all three - apple, pumpkin AND pecan. I'm STILL FULL! LOL! Though the thought of a turkey sandwich isn't grossing me out so I don't know. LOL! A snack might be in the future if I'm away.

We stayed for a bit then I took Jason home with Cassie since tomorrow they are leaving in the morning to go up to Knott's Berry Farm. I think she's going to have a great time!

I chilled at Jason and Susan's for a little bit. All the kitties came to see me. Then I watched Cassie and Zippy. Zippy is such a neat little guy! He's not a runner!! That shocked me. She would just put him on the computer desk and get up to take care of something and he'd just stay there! I thought that was so neat.

Anyway, when I got home, I finished Cassie's apple pie because she didn't finish it. I went to see what was on TV and found out "Road to Pumpkin Chunkin" and "Pumpkin Chunkin" was on, so guess what I'm watching?? PUMPKIN CHUNKIN!!! I have loved this for like a decade, I think. I don't know what it is about it, but it's definitely I look forward to it every year!

Well, I played a little bit on Cafemom and "I'm Not Fat! I'm Fluffy!" but I am so tired! I think as soon as "Pumpkin Chunkin" is over, I'm going to try to go to sleep. Wish me luck. :-P

No comments: