Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Good But Aggravating

I slept on the late side today. I actually woke up around noon, but then went back to sleep until my mom made sure I was awake at 1:30pm so I could go get Cassie. I got my coffee, ate three deviled eggs, my mom gave me money to get some foil at the grocery store and a list with coupons to use at Vons. I didn't find three of the things. Anyway, I went to pick up Cassie and while I waited I read more of "Passion." I really need to read it and get it done. It's a good book but for some reason I just keep putting it off.

Anyway, once I got Cassie we went to Vons. More than half the parking lot of blocked off for painting or whatever and we got lucky enough to get a spot. It was a pain though. Then we went inside. I got a sandwich for Cassie and I got one for me - though I ended up giving it to Jordan. I just wanted the liter of Dr. Pepper I got. But I got cake mixes, orange juice - Holday flavored creamers!!! Yum! It took longer than I wanted at the store. But it turned out that what took the longest was just trying to check out!! There were only two registers open! One being the express lane. Of course, I had too much to go there, but the line was huge there too!! It look probably 15 minutes or longer to get checked out.

As soon as we got back to the house Susan arrived to pick up Cassie and then drop Jason off. He wanted to hang out for a little bit. Also he flipped my mattress, thank God!!! I really needed that because I have gotten so scratched up by the broken springs. Then he asked me if I wanted to go over for dinner. I figured sure since I had $26 to put into my tank. So on the way over to his place we stopped at the gas station. Talk about another aggravation, there was this woman in a duley truck. The woman behind her finished pumping gas and left. I waited for her only to see her go into the store. I figured I'd be nice so the person behind us to could in too. But we finally gave up. In fact, this woman took so long that we had finished pumping gas before she'd even gotten into her truck! She like puttered around for 15-20 minutes. I just thought that was so rude. So did Jason.

Anyway, at Jason and Susan's Cassie was in the tub. She had also done her homework. Then after she got dressed she brought me Zippy and I got to cuddle with the little guy and listen to his chorttling. Sooooo sooooo sooooo cute!!! I love him. I'm a little nervous though because I'm taking care of him this weekend and I don't know how to take care of a guinea pig. But basically I just feed and play with him. :-) While we waited for Susan, we listened to some Christmas music. It might be a little early but why not get a head start on the Holiday Spirit. Once Susan got home she fixed dinner and it was delicious. She made a BBQ shake 'n bake chicken with mac 'n cheese and broccoli. But not long after dinner Cassie and I had to leave. She was going to do a load of laundry, but she ended up too tired. Jordan came into my room and spent time with me. We talked and I just hugged him for awhile. We talked about getting flavored vodka. I don't have the money, but maybe I will at some point. If he wants to do shots with me though, it'll have to be before the surgery. So we'll see what happens. But it was good we had that time together.

Now I'm just chilling out watching "Auction Kings Supersized" and I'm enjoying it a lot. They got a neat told TV that looked 50's futuristic and some stuff from President Carter for his humanitarian efforts. Anyway, I guess that's about it. I'm tired, so this is going to be the last thing I'm watching on TV, I think. Maybe tomorrow I'll get more reading done or maybe some writing. One thing is for sure, I have my therapy session. Can't miss that.

No comments: