Thursday, November 3, 2011

Got a Lot Done!

Damn I'm tired! I don't feel that great at the moment, but at least I had a pretty good day. I woke up groggy at 11:30am. I really wanted to keep sleeping, but that wasn't to be if I was going to get the car into Claudio to see what was wrong with it. I got up, got dressed, got coffee and when Susan arrived I left with her following me.

The first stop was to the bank to see if my money had come in yet and it did so I pulled it out. Of course, for some reason it gave me a different balance the first time!! Ugh! But eventually I got the right amount. From there she followed me to Claudio's. From there she went to go pick up Jason. I waited for Claudio to check the car and fix it. It turned out to be the 3 cylinder misfiring. He talked about the fact that he will eventually need to replace the manifold, but I don't think that's going to happen. If the car gets to that point I'll have to go without a car again, I guess, because that would be over $1000 to fix.

Anyway, while he waited for the part and then fixed it I decided to do some reading and I read about 42 pages of "Cowboys and Aliens." So far the book is better than the movie. Not that I don't want the movie. After that I went to Walmart at Grossmont. My mom wanted eggs and I figured I'd pick up what I needed to pick up while I was there - tampons, nose spray, woman's world . . . LOL! I also got a Diet Dr. Pepper from the McDonald's. After that I went to the vet and got Karissa her flea medication. From there, I went home to pick up Jordan after I had him take stuff inside. 

After that, we went to CVS where Jordan not only picked up my medication but one of my mom's medications too. Then I took him to GameStop to pay off his "Skyrim" so that way all he has to do is pick him up on the 11th. From there we finally went to Cici's pizza and OMG it was good! I'm STILL full! LOL! So that's one buffet restaurant off my list and I did eat my fill. 

Trying to get to the gas station near home it took us FOREVER! Next time I'm taking El Cajon Blvd. rather than College. There was so much freakin' traffic from the parking lots of the University. But eventually we got to the gas station. We had to stop at Taco Bell though to go to the bathroom. Jordan and I just couldn't hold it anymore. LOL! Then after we got the fuel we went up to Barnes & Noble. I didn't really want to go to the one at Grossmont, but it wasn't that bad. And it was closer than the one in Santee. I found a decent spot and went in. Not only did I find the book Cassie wanted, I found out that it was actually the second book of a series so instead I got her "Beautiful Creatures." I told her if she likes it I'll get her "Beautiful Darkness" for Christmas. I'm sure I'll hear all about it. :-D If it's good I might read it! Of course, I still need to finish "Passion." I also bought myself a book - Tess Gerritsen's "The Mephisto Club." Of course, I have to finish the two books I have going at the moment. I don't really like having two books going at the same time, but it just kind of happened.

Anyway, FINALLY we came home and I put on "Burn Notice" because the mid-season premiere was tonight at 10:00pm. So far it's pretty good. But when I got home, I put the flea medication on Karissa. She wasn't too happy with me. But then after a bit I made the mistake and kissed her close where I'd put the stuff. Now my lips tingle and have tingled for a couple of hours now. It might just be me being paranoid. After all, I think I'd be sick by now if just that much could poison me. 

Then Cassie came home while Jordan was showing me a demo of "Skyrim" which actually looks pretty cool. I may have to watch him play a little bit. :-) But I couldn't resist giving Cassie her bday present now. I guess I rationalized it because Jordan is getting his bday present on the 11th and not his bday on the 19th. It all works out. That's all that matters and that means that both the kids will be happy this month and that's what really matters to me.

Anyway, it's been a pretty good day. Definitely a busy day. I'm pretty much broke now which kind of sucks, but at least I got the stuff done that I wanted to get done. Don't know what I'm doing tomorrow, but I think it'll be a good day. Maybe I'll spend the day reading. Finish one of the books I have . . . well, maybe. And maybe do some writing. :-) Sounds like a good day to me. 

No comments: