Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Writing, Writing, Writing . . .

Okay, I'm trying this new version of Blogger and so far I guess it's good. It's just a matter of getting used to it. But it goes look kinda cool.

Anyway, today was an okay day. I took too much ativan last night and I just couldn't wake up today. I was tired and every time I went to wake up, I slipped right back to sleep. Finally about 3:30pm I woke up. It took me a bit, but I did and I got coffee and I had some of these beans my mom fixed. They were good! SO good that I had more for dinner!

I really haven't gone much today either. I worked on my "Jason Bourne" story and I actually FINISHED it! I'm not sure how good it was since I was just sort of trying to write it and get it done, but I think it came out good. I won't really know until someone comments about it. But I think that's going to be my last short story for awhile. Now I'm going to focus back on my book. I really need to get to the edits. I think I'm going to try to put down a time I need to work on it. I'm just trying to decide if I should just put a time limit on how much I'm going to do or if I should just state how many chapters at a time to edit. I suppose I'll let that soak in for awhile and see how that goes. But I need to get serious. I keep saying it and now it's time for me to actually do it. Tomorrow I start doing some editing. I also joined another Cafemom group today. This one is for writing. It's called "The Aspiring Authors Society." I think it will be good because I can be accountable for my work. Even if I don't share it I can still get help and encouragement for sticking on track. I think once I'm done with the editing, I'm going to see about getting help writing a query letter. I also need to find out what kind of style I need to use to send. Do I use tabs? Do I make the spaces bigger between paragraphs? I just want to move forward and I really, really, really hope that these guys can help me stay motivated and optimistic even when I get rejections. I KNOW I can get published. It's just a matter of time.

Anyway, needless to say I've been online most of the day. I haven't even gotten dressed! LOL! But since I finished that one story of mine, I'm pretty happy. I also talked to Cassie tonight briefly. I told her I'd get her her backpack for school. I think she would have been more excited had she not been distracted. She was texting someone else. LOL! I just hope her transition home is an easy one. I really do kind of dread it. I just want her to be happy, but I will try to do what I can to help her. That means I have to get off my ass more often to do things with her. Maybe I'll be fixing dinner. Maybe I could do a stir fry? Of course, I don't think Jordan would care for it much. But I'm trying to get ideas. As it is, I'm going to have to buy LOTS of Yoplait yogurt. If she wants to eat healthy I will try to do my best. I even worked out a shopping list and I think I got everything on it. It will go down to the wire and I won't be able to eat out at all. I might not even have enough for any sodas. I suppose I'll have to deal with it myself after that - buy 2 lt. of Diet Dr. Pepper, keep my McDonald's cups, fill with ice and soda and voila! I have my drink. It's going to suck to be broke again. 

Karissa has been really cute. She's been meowing all day. I gave her treats, but she was a little hungry. I needed Jordan to get her bag of food from the car. As soon as she ate a bit, she just slept in the window for awhile. Now she's sleeping in a kitty ball almost behind me now. I even saw her paws twitching. It was so cute and awesome. I love my kitty! I'm also watching "Ghost Hunters" who are investigating this manor that was a hospital. So far it's been kind of interesting. I have been half watching, but it's been cool! The doggie reacted to a few places. They heard banging on this huge metal door that they couldn't replicate. Flash lights going on and off! It's definitely cool. If I were thinner it's something I'd like to do! Hunting for ghosts would be interesting.

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. Tomorrow I go back to my book. I'll figure out if I want to edit for so long or get through so many chapters. I just don't know which will work best. I guess it'll be trail and error. But either way I'll be moving forward and THAT is what's important!

No comments: