Monday, August 8, 2011

Enjoyed the Day

Last night was great! Rick came over. I introduced him to my mom before we went to my room. It was a really nice evening except for being interrupted three times - twice by my mother - actually all three times because Jordan knocked on the door to tell me Grandma was asking all kinds of questions about Rick, like Jordan would know. LOL! But he was great and I felt so good! Eventually my mom was like, he has to go! Ugh! Then this morning she's all freaked out about my having sex under her roof. I'm 41 years old! I'm not allowed to have a sex life?? Anyway, I guess that means we need to be over at his house from now on. I just need to get over my fear of driving over there. His street is tiny and my car is big.

Anyway, I didn't fall asleep until about 8:00am this morning. My mom woke me up at 1:15pm. It's not a lot of sleep, but I told myself to get up with the hope that I might fall asleep a little earlier. I certainly am tired enough. My mom made oatmeal and raisins so I had a good "breakfast." My mom wrote a list of groceries for me. Diana gave me money to get laundry detergent and dryer sheets. I also stopped and got myself a drink on the way. I went to Walmart and did shopping for most of the stuff. I didn't go crazy with the snacks for a change. I think having Rick in my life makes it so I don't need tons of stuff. Though I have to say I went overboard with the blueberry cream rolls. I don't know what it is about cakey stuff but I can't seem to stop eating them when I start. Actually last night I was good. I only had half of the box and saved the rest for Jordan.

After Walmart I went to Vons and bought only two or three items. I needed a chili brick and I got green tea. I love Gold Peak. It's good. At least I think that's what it's called. But I needed to get home, get the groceries put away and head over to Jason and Susan's. Susan needed to use my card to get some food for the house. I get paid back for the most part. But she got a late start because I got there about 45 minutes late. And it was great to see Cassie after not seeing her for two weeks. John was putting shit in her head, but apparently she didn't let him talk shit about me. I just wanted to keep hugging her and not let her go. And she looks more grown up - more like a teenager. She's growing up so fast and she's so beautiful.

Anyway, Susan came back and made Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti and Texas Toast. It was so good. And we ate as we watched "Drew Carey's Improv-a-palooza" or something like that. It was funny! I loved it, though not as good as "Whose Line Is It Anyway." But after it was over, Jason was ready for us to leave. He gets tired early so I didn't take offense. Just hugged Cassie said thanks for the fantastic dinner and left with Jordan.

Once home, I got the computer from Jordan and I wrote to Ron, telling him about Rick and he enjoys hearing about my life - all of it. In fact, he wrote me back so fast! And it was so good to hear from my wonderful Aussie. I should have called Rick tonight, but I'm too tired and I need a shower. I'll shower tomorrow and call him. Maybe he and I can get together either tomorrow or Tuesday night after his son goes to sleep because I could certain use another good evening being a lover. :-)

Well, I watched the finale of "In Plain Sight" where Mary's sister ran away from her own wedding and Mary started having pain - labor? Of course, that was after her and Marshall and the rest of the gang almost get killed saving a witness going to testify. Now I'm going to finish watching "The Glades" take my med and trying to go to sleep early.

Anyway, today was a pretty good day. Tomorrow night is the Drive-In again - "Cowboys vs. Aliens!" Yay!

No comments: