Sunday, October 2, 2011

Starting On the Path to Getting Published

I am so excited! I got my money today so I went and picked up some of the stuff I needed like nose spray, toilet paper - catnip snackies for Karissa! But I also got envelopes and stamps! Yes, that means I am getting ready to send query letters out!! I have a bunch of letters just waiting for my signature and the envelopes! But what I'm really excited about is that I emailed a query letter, synopsis and the first 10 pages of my book to a literary agent. THEN I sent off a query letter WITH my manuscript to a publisher!! And I really, really, really want this publisher to like what I've written! Everything I read on their website fits perfectly for me! That's where I want to be! And I'm hoping beyond hope that they think I'm a fit too. Only time will tell though. But this is the first time I have ever sent out my manuscript EVER! Ever! Ever! Ever!! And I always used to say that if I could just get someone to read it I'd be set! I really hope that's the case! I think I have a great book! Not Times Best Seller, but I think it's a book that women will enjoy!

Anyway, I was going to get Karissa her flea medicine, but I forgot that it was Sunday. Ah well. Then my mom wanted me to pick up some cooked ribs from Vons. So I did that. That's where I got the stamps since Walmart doesn't sell them. It was a good dinner.

I was a bit aggravated earlier though. I put on my favorite new shirt, but my mom wanted me to do dishes and use a little bleach . . . yep! Bleach got onto my nice new shirt. So it's basically ruined but I know I'll still wear it. I just wish that wouldn't have happened. But oh well.

I've been trying to do what I can for my mom. I did the dishes, I put dishes away, got her water . . . I don't know. I know I don't do enough, but just that bit is enough to make me tired. It's a good thing I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. Jason told me how proud he was of me again. It is always nice to hear because I really just want to keep moving forward.

Anyway, I think I'm going to take some ibuprofen for a headache I'm getting.  Probably from all the typing without my glasses on. Then I think I'll watch the rest of this "River Monsters" and then watch "Halloween Wars" on Food Network. If it weren't for it being a special I'd be watching "IRT Deadliest Roads."

Okay, think that's it for me. At least for today! :-)

No comments: