Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Authorization!!

I didn't sleep well last night again, but that's just my usual. I woke up in time to get Cassie from school. I grabbed coffee after I got dressed and headed out. I called Dr. Tanaka's office again and they still hadn't received the fax for authorization. I called the other number and one woman thought she saw something, but the other didn't, so I was calling Vantage to see what the deal was when they called me and told me they had gotten  it!!! I have the Authorization for the consults!! First I go to a seminar - which Susan is taking me to next Tuesday. Then I have labs. After that I get a consult from a doctor, then a psychiatrist and lastly a surgeon. The only other step after that is getting authorization for the surgery. It seems like it could happen pretty fast! And everyone says the pounds come off. Those that have had it have told me they would do it again! That is awesome. I was so relieved that the fax had actually gone through! I am excited! I immediately called Jason and told him and he told Susan who was happy for me too.

After I picked Cassie up Jason wanted me to take Cassie over there. Of course, I had to take a shower first. I was definitely in need of one. Then I thought of my mother and realized she would be pissed with me if I went over to them because she had just given me fuel money. On top of that Jason was in a mood because he thought I was ignoring him. I called him twice but he didn't answer so I called Susan! I explained to her about stuff and told her to tell Jason and if he wanted to hang out he was going to have to come over here. That seemed to work. So when Susan arrived to pick up Cassie to get her costume at Hot Topic Jason came in and we hung out. He told me that not much seems to get me excited and he's right. He said maybe the kids or my writing makes me excited. But that it's nice to see that I'm excited about the surgery. I mean, I am scared, but oh so excited too. It occured to me tonight that I'll be able to go horseback riding again! I thought about that as I watched "Dirty Jobs" and they were taking care of thoroughbred horses. I can also go ice skating again which Cassie wants to do with me. I can just see life coming back to me. I won't have to write from distant memories! I can experience life again! It's going to be great and I know that it's going to improve my writing. I just think it's a trip that this is all coming together. I had one psychic tell me that I might have to take care of my looks before I would be successful. And here I am, waiting to hear from the publisher I want AND I'm on the road to get the bariatric surgery! It's crazy, but great!

Anyway, Cassie got her costume! She's going to be a fox! And she got it for only $4! I want to be a cat. Jason said they could get me cat ears, but I don't know. Guess we'll see.

Then I also worked on my James Bond fan fiction story. It's going a little slower than I'd like, but it's going. I would have written more, but Cassie came home and I spent tons of time with her. She was talking to me about school and her new boyfriend and all that fun stuff. She started her laundry. Then Jordan woke up and joined us. That was so fun and funny! They joked around like crazy. I did get to share a neat story that I forgot to record in my journal - the other night a bird was flying around the porch not being able to get out and no place to land. Anyway, I walked onto the porch and held my hand out. The bird actually landed on my hand for a few seconds before finally making it out - all because it was able to land on my hand.

But Jordan and Cassie were having so much fun going back and forth and we all had a chance to play mercy - well Cassie and I against Jordan who, of course, won. I haven't laughed or smiled so much in a LONG time! I love them so much!!

Anyway, I am tired. I'll take my meds and try to sleep. I've been a little jittery, but I think that's a little from the excitement that I've been feeling, but might be a little from the coffee. Tomorrow I have therapy and I'll write more on my fan fiction. Tonight I'll put on my "Rizzoli and Isles" DVD and hope to sleep relatively early. At least that's the hope.

So between the authorization and the kids I'd say I've had a pretty darn good day!



No comments: