Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Pretty Good Day :-)

Today has been a pretty good day. I feel a little bit better than yesterday and any progress that way is a good thing! I was trying to finish my synopsis for "Assassin's Seduction" but I just feel like I can't condense any further. I emailed it to Susan for a fresh pair of eyes and she liked it. She said it made her want to read the book! So I sent her that to read too. :-) I want to give Nicole a chance to go over it as well. If the concensus is the same, then I'll just assume it's as good as it's going to get and declare it's done! LOL! God, it's almost October 1st! It's just half an hour away or maybe a little longer, but the point is another month is here already. It seems like it was the beginning of September a turn of my head ago. Crazy!

Oh, I am so proud of Cassie!! She's getting A's and B's in her classes so far! Well, she might have a C in PE, but either way, she's getting good grades! She's passing so far! And what's awesome is she wants to keep it up. Of course, she also wants to get her lip pierced. If she keeps the grades up we'll let it happen! :-) I figure if she wants them she can have them. She is definitely her own person and likes what she likes! I love her so much.

I played around on Cafemom for awhile. I added two new forums to "The Writer's Workshop" though I'm not done posting stuff. I added a forum for games. I have one started that's all about book titles. Then I'm going to start a story and the next person will add another part and so on and so forth. I just have to start the story! I haven't done that yet. Then I'm going to set up a Monthly Poetry Contest and a Monthly Writing Contest. Then maybe have a section for writing for children. I am not completely sure of that one. But I'm happy about that group. It's moving forward. Got great ideas and we have another new member! I'm at like 11 or 12 members now! Awesome!

Nicole and I played phone tag today. By the time I got home and got settled it was too late to call her. It kind of sucks. I really would like her to read over my synopsis. If she concures with Susan then things are awesome! If not, she'll have good ideas! Either way I win! Plus, I just want to talk to her and hear this great news she has! :-) I'll just have to make sure I call her tomorrow when I wake up. Can't wait!

Then tonight I got a call from Sherry about the clothes. She invited me over to her place while her husband (Or whatever) was out. I guess he was going to a concert or something and she doesn't like big crowds. I can identify with that. Personally I wasn't really sure about driving out there. She likes way out on G street. But I decided that if she was willing to have me over and give me a little extra then I should go. I did get lost along the way, but once I got on Market I was good!

Anyway, I have a TON of clothes now! LOL! Pants, shorts, tops . . . It's awesome! She has more too. I think I'm going to try to put aside $10 every month to get a few more items until I get everything! LOL! After all, I'm going to be wearing them at least for a year. I even have a DRESS!! It'll probably look like a tent on me, but you know, it's still cool! And it was nice to talk to her. She likes to do crystal sometimes though. She had some - not that I saw it - but offered me some! AH!! You have no idea how hard it was to say no. I really wanted to say yes, but then I thought about doctor appointments, maybe drug tests . . . My logical mind kicked in. She might come over tomorrow, not that there's a lot to do here. My room is a disaster. Well, we'll see what happens. But it's great to have new clothes to play with. :-)

Hopefully I'll sleep tonight. I haven't set a writing goal for tomorrow, but tomorrow will be all about the synopsis. Once I know for sure that it's done then I'll start making other goals. Like writing a page or two on my story "Crossfire." But first the last bit of the synopsis. And soon it'll be time for sending out the query letters. Nervous but excited. I also looked into a publisher that I might email. Actually more than one. I'm kind of on the fence about sending to both agents and publishing houses, but then again . . . the wider the net cast . . . the better the chances, I guess. Just want to go forward!

Anyway, I'm going to try to relax and get some sleep. I feel tired, but whether or not I sleep is another matter. I'll try though. So I'm going to take my meds and kick back. I watched the season Finale of "Haven" which was incredible. Dead people were walking around, getting people to get revenge for them. This one guy forces Duke to kill him and take his cure for his baby. His trouble is killing a troubled person and erasing the trouble from their family altogether. It's interesting. Then Audrey and Nathan are in love with each other. But before dinner can come about Aundrey gets kidnapped. Nathan arrives and sees Duke's necklace. He goes to Duke pissed off. He demands to know where she is. He has no clue. Nathan pulls a gun and we see the tattoo of the man that is supposed to kill Duke! Then we hear a gun shot and have to wait until next season to know what happens! 

Personally, I think that Duke doesn't need to kill people to take away their trouble. I think he just needs some of their blood on him to do it. I could be wrong, but from what I see it seems to be that way. Guess I'll eventually find out if I'm right.

Well, I am done rambling. Time to go to sleep!
    

No comments: