Sunday, October 9, 2011

Jason's Birthday Dinner and Other Things

Today was pretty good though I have to say I've kind of felt a little off. But I think it's just being tired and then being out in the heat today. I woke up around 12:30pm, checked on my mom. Watched an episode of "Chopped" and then took a shower. Of course, Susan also brought my Food Card back. She owes me $80 now. I'll probably need it. She told me to come over around 5:30pm because Jason was just watching football. Which, big deal! LOL! Anyway, my mom wanted me to get some frozen dinners so I headed to the Walmart in Santee. Not only did I get some other flavors for frozen dinners, but I found my kettle corn, a pumpkin roll and even my cherry cheese danishes!!! I was happy about that. I also got Jason a bday card, some Halloween trick or treat tape to hang on the garage. I also got tea light candles for pumpkins. Then on the way home, I get a text and a call from Jason telling me I could come over at any time. :-) So I go home, drop off the milk and frozen dinners keep my stuff in the car. Then I headed over to Jason and Susan's. Jason was watching the Chargers vs Broncos game. Chargers won but just barely! Then he put on another game. Cassie came back from her friend's house and I went into her room with her and stayed while she played on her guitar. She was working on playing "The Star Spangled Banner" our National Anthem. She got the hang of it pretty quick! I was very impressed. My back didn't like sitting on her floor so eventually I did get up and return to my chair in the family room. I tried to do a little writing, but I didn't get far. I'm just not in the right mood to write a love scene! Ugh! I don't know how to get in the mood for that anymore. That's going to be an issue if I can't get into the mood to write this scene and it's probably going to be more than one. Well, maybe I should invest in some wine. That might help! LOL! It could work!

Anyway, Jason BBQ'd Teriyaki steak and it was delicious!! Served with broccoli and a potatoe! Yum! When I first got there I got some shrimp too! It was so good! Then for dessert we had Red Velvet cake with vanilla bean ice cream! I sprung for the ice cream since Susan hadn't picked it up earlier and you can't have birthday cake without ice cream! LOL! It was all nice. It was great spending time with all of them. I had a good night. Then I came home in time to watch "Halloween Wars" which was great though they eliminated a team I liked, but you know, someone has to go. But I also ate a lot of my kettle corn. Guess you could say I was really craving it. And I have actually craved it lately. But now I'm feeling weird. Of course, it doesn't help that my nose is all clogged up. Ugh! I just hope the nose spray will unclog it.

I'm feeling kind of tired so hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight. I just finished watching "Around the World in 80 Ways" and now I'm going to chill out to "Brad Meltzer's Decoded." Tomorrow I hope that I will be able to get some good writing done. I also need to make sure that I have my QR7 in tomorrow. I keep putting it off and it's stupid. I need to get it in to have my money next month! I don't know what's wrong with me sometimes.

Anyway, though I feel off at the moment I'm sure I'll feel different in a little while or by tomorrow at the latest I hope.

No comments: