Thursday, October 6, 2011

Much Better

Today I am much better. Jason woke me up this morning with the intent of reminding me of an appointment at Cassie's school which I was well aware of, but I guess reminders are always good. Plus he didn't know if Susan was going to go or not. Of course, I didn't mind her being there. But the sucky thing was that I wanted to go back to sleep but I couldn't. So I got up, got coffee, got the computer from Jordan and got online for awhile. But there wasn't much I wanted to do. I also put on the "Burn Notice" marathon and tried to do some writing on "Crossfire" but I just couldn't get into the right mood to do a love scene. I'll try tomorrow and see how that goes then.

The meeting turned out to be a supplimental IEP meeting. It was a good meeting! All of Cassie's teachers were there. The woman that's going to be her counselor was there. The school counselor was there. But the best thing ever is the fact that Cassie is getting all A's and B's! And the PE teacher is willing to work with her on the run. She's going to let her do one lap for the run and then do an extra walk on Thursdays with her friend Nikki. But I was so happy to be there with Cassie and just seeing her helped me a lot and the hugs, of course!

After the meeting we went to McDonald's to get drinks and a snack. I hadn't eaten anything and was pretty much starving at that point. What was funny was Susan ended up behind us! LOL! Anyway, we went home and hung out there for a bit. Cassie told me all about her friends and their goofy "cult." It's wild! All Hail, Allen! LOL! It's a screw that fell out of the sky. :-P Crazy. Anyway, Cassie told me she's still going to come stay with me a few days a week. I need that. I really do. That made me feel so much better. My mom wanted her to come here for the weekend, but Cassie won some Aztec Football tickets for getting such good grades. She's going to go with Jason and Susan. I don't want to go. I couldn't walk it and it's not my thing. Jason will appreciate it way more. Plus it's hat day so Cassie will get a cap! I think that's cool!

We didn't stay home long because Jason and Susan invited me over for dinner. Cassie wanted to check on Zippy her guinea pig - rather the one she's going to get on Tuesday - so we left and went all the way out to the Rancho San Diego Petco. We were lucky he was put in the back. We didn't really see him, but knowing he's there being put aside for her made her happy. But we were told in no uncertain terms that the person who said they would save Zippy for Cassie until this coming Tuesday was not supposed to do that. They can hold an animal for a day, but not a week. Still, so far so good. With luck Zippy will be there Tuesday for her. I don't have a good feeling though. I hope that's just me.

After that, we went to Jason and Susan's. Cassie went to do her homework and the three of us talked for awhile. Jason eventually put on Baseball. The spaghetti was delicious! Susan's sauce is always AWESOME! I could probably have eaten another plate of it. LOL! But then she and Cassie went and got ice cream for us. Well, Cassie got an apple pie. I got a caramel sundae! Yum! I have to say that I was exhausted after that and so were they. Even now, I am just exhausted. Maybe it's a good thing! :-) But anyway, I got more hugs from Cassie and even a kiss or two. She's still my little girl. And she even told me a secret before I left. Talk about making me feel special!! Her friend Skylar asked her out!! She had a crush on him and this other boy Matt, but Skylar asked her first! She was so excited! I think it's awesome! She has a teen experience I was wanted but never had. Truth be told, I would have been too afraid anyway, I think. But she has a boyfriend! Not that she hasn't had boyfriends, but this is special, I guess. :-) I'm just happy for her.

Anyway, I'm going to finish watching "Chopped" and I might watch "Sweet Genius" but I think I'm going to go to sleep relatively early. It's just nice to say it's been a pretty good day.

No comments: