Wednesday, October 19, 2011

On The Road Again!

You know, even after only getting three hours of sleep I still didn't fall asleep until like 3:00am! Crazy, huh? Needless to say, I slept until 1:00pm. Even now I feel exhausted. But I did get my ass up and dressed and I drove the car (though I was afraid to) to Claudio's. I thought for sure it was going to be tons of money, but it turns out that's not going to happen! At least not yet! I have a hole in the manifold. But it's a slow leak so Claudio thinks that if I just keep putting coolant or water into her she should be fine. I should be able to do that. I mean, I did the same thing when I had a small crack in one of the heads when I had the Taurus Wagon. Dang I still miss that car! That was my good car. She put up with a lot. Well, he/she. I always said I had twins inhabiting the car! :-D I was just happy that it wasn't worse. Claudio put three gallons of coolant into my Nelly along with at least a quart of oil, I guess. Then he was able to unstick my directional lights! Thank god! My mom was willing to pay for all of that, but she wouldn't get me windshield wipers. But I realized that I really, really needed them so Claudio put them on and I'm paying for them myself. Because Jason and Susan still owe me $20 from our Food for Cash I've asked them to take it to him. That way half of it will be paid off and I'll only have to worry about $20 more in November. I already have to be careful with my money - and it's the kids' birthday month. I think I have bday gifts in mind all ready. Well, Jordan's is Skyrim the Video Game. For Cassie I'm going to get her a book she wants. I can't remember the name of it at the moment, but she wants it so I'll get it for her. Then for Christmas I think I'm going to try to come up with a no cost present system for us. I mean, we can draw, write, make something - just do something that doesn't cost money because we just don't have any. Though I could get Cassie another book. But I can't get Jordan another game. Maybe I'll figure out something.


Anyway, my mom wasn't thrilled with paying anything for the car, but she knew that we needed it. In fact, as soon as it was fixed she needed me to take her to the bank. Then we went to Henry's which apparently is called Sprouts now. Then we went to Walmart and the 99 Cent Store. OMG! My back hurt so bad why the time we got home. It was nice though. I got soda and sweet tea today. Susan, Jason and Cassie brought me a Diet Dr. Pepper while I was waiting for Claudio to finish up. Then after we went shopping at Walmart we went to the McDonald's inside. She let me get a sweet tea. She wanted a soda so I got her the Extra Large for $1. Then she also got me two McDoubles. She ate half of one. I ate the rest and that has been fine for me. And before we left, I dumped out her Diet Coke and replaced it with Diet Dr. Pepper so I got a whole other soda!


Jordan was feeling like crap, but he brought everything inside. I then gave him some cold medicine and apparently it made him feel better because George and Nick came over and he went out with them. Guess he can't feel that bad.


Last night I also made a Week's writing commitment in one of my writing groups on Cafemom. I made it a commitment to write two pages every day. Today I wrote 2.5 pages! I think I'm off to a good start. I just finished a love scene and a marriage proposal. There might be another love scene before I move onto the next plot point. It's just nice to be moving on it again. Not only did it flow pretty well, but I was able to write at home too! While I was tired even. So that's going well. We'll see what tomorrow will bring! But I think I'll be able to stick with it. It's important I do anyway. I need to write everyday.


Well, I had an interesting talk with Cassie. Her teenage hormones are going crazy with her boyfriend. I'm kind of in a tough position. I don't want to condone having sex at her age, but I also don't want her to do it and then not be protected or emotionally ready. I told her to at least wait for their relationship to grow by a couple of months. At least that's something. But her emotions are all over the place too. Not so much about people, but just in general. I know it could just be the fact that she's a teenager, but she had a lot of valleys yesterday. She felt like crying then she's be okay. Then she'd feel like crying again. I don't know. I just want her to be okay.


Oh, she's all excited that I'm going out for a gastric bypass. She wants me to be thin so I can do things with her. Then I ran into someone today that has lost 200 lbs after getting the procedure. I got the appointment for Monday at 10:30am. I'm really nervous, though I'm more nervous about the fact that its in Chula Vista. That totally freaks me out. I don't like going outside my comfort zone. LOL! Susan will go with me. Or maybe even drive me. I hope so. I am so freaked out. I do wonder how long it will take for me to get the procedure done. I just know I want to do it now. It's just time.


Anyway, I have to go to Welfare tomorrow to turn in my QR7. I'm going to try to go in the morning and just get it done. I just don't want to get stuck in traffic and I don't want it to take too long. Poor Cassie is going to be so tired tomorrow. Tonight she just couldn't sleep to relax and go to sleep. I think part of that was because Susan's daughter Samantha was a total bitch to her. Sammy really has turned into a bitchy bitch just like her grandma. It's sad but oh well. I just couldn't believe what a bitch she was. I felt kicked in the gut when I read what she wrote to Cassie about not being her friend and NEVER having been her friend. What a fucking little bitch! I know I shouldn't say that about a girl my daughter's age, but she is and she's just like her grandmother who is just the same fricken way. But it upset Cassie a lot and I think even though she was able to think of some things to make her smile and laugh, I think she was still really upset. I know how I would have been.


Okay, that's enough. I need to get to sleep. I am exhausted. I need to set my alarm too. I need to make sure I get Cassie up and ready for school if she's not awake. Tonight I half watched "Auction Kings." I do like that show. Then I put on another show, but didn't watch it. I just need to take my meds, relax and sleep. I just have to be thankful that I have a car that runs, great friends that are more family than anything else and that my kids trust me so much to talk to me about very personal things. I am blessed with a lot and I just need to always remember and be thankful for it.


Time for bed.


No comments: