Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm Better When I See Her

Today's actually been pretty good. I still didn't want to wake up. My mom let me sleep until 11am before getting me up. I finally took a shower and that got me going. Gort my coffee, too my mom to get her blood drawn. She asked me to go to Trader Joe's to get this special maple syrup she uses for her elixir she makes for her health. Guess it must work well. She's 93 and looks like a young 70's. After I picked her up she treated me to brunch at Denny's. Their pancakes are SOOOOOO GOOOD! Then it was a trip to the bank and Albertson's. By the time we got home Cassie had come and gone with Susan and Jason was there. We hung out for a few and then we went to his place.

It was so good to see Cassie! She didn't really stay long because she wanted to go see her boyfriend and I let her. I mean, why not let her see him. Because of him she looks forward to the next day. That means a lot to me and just having him in her life will get her grades up. I remember when I was first in love. He and I were never boyfriend/girlfriend but I was so in love with him. His name was Jayson. He was African American and Samoan. My parents had an issue with his color. I loved his voice, the legends of his people and how kind and sweet he was. Because of him I went to school. Just knowing I might see him and have a chance to talk with him was enough to get me to go. And in English my grade picked up from a "D" to a "B" in one quarter. So her having a boyfriend is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. And I got to see her when she came back for a few too.

Dinner was great. It's always nice to be with Jason and Susan. Watched TV, played on my laptop and just enjoyed being with them. It was nice. When when Cassie came back she gave me another hug and kiss, played on the computer and gave me another hug and kiss before I left. As she got back on the computer and I told her good-bye she waved and gave me a sad face. She said that she missed me . . . but she didn't want to come home. LOL! I don't blame her there. Knowing my mom I wouldn't want to be here either. But it made me feel good that she misses me. It reassures me that I'm loved very much. It's probably hit me stronger then anything else that's been said or done. Not that I want her to be unhappy, but it's nice to know she misses me too.

Other than that, my son drove me insane today. I go to wake him up for school this morning to find out he didn't have school and wouldn't have school for the next week or two. He missed the counselor and paperwork he needed to sign I guess. He says he can see the counselor in a week or two (which I don't remember. I need to ask him again.) and he can go back to school, but none of us were happy about this. I have to wonder if it's because he's missed so much school. I hope that's not the case, but I don't know. And he lies so who knows what's the truth anymore. But I'm hoping for the best otherwise he might have to go live somewhere else. I don't want to see that happen. I want him to do well and succeed. I hope he will finally put forth effort for his future. I can only try to guide him and so far I guess I haven't been so hot at that. I have beat myself up over that too. But there's only so much I can do. He's 19 years old now and I did what I could. I might have sucked with structure, but I did try. Anyway, I'm going to try not to let it get to me.

Guess that's about it. I just watched "Being Human" and now "Hawaii 5-0" is on, so I'm going to run and finish watching it. I am glad I do feel better today. Maybe part of the issue is that I just need to get out of the house more. I bet that would help.

No comments: