Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sometimes Getting Out of the House is a GOOD Thing!

I'm feeling better. I'm glad I'm feeling better. I was pretty tear-eyes for awhile, but I went to the grocery store and I picked up small crickets for Tubby our Fire Belly Toad - he was very hungry. When I got home, Karissa was there to meet me with her meowing as she followed me to the door and into the house. After putting stuff away I came into my room, Karissa picked her spot on the bed and went to sleep and I checked Facebook and browsed some blogs. I suppose I just need that space; the time to get my mind off of my pain. It's still there but I don't necessarily think I should consider myself a failure. IF I were truly a failure as a parent I wouldn't care so much. I wouldn't be trying to do what's best for my Cassie. I would wash my hands and just let her go without a second thought OR force her to stay here in this House of Doom.
Anyway, I'm thinking that getting out for the little time I did and having the pets to come back to has helped a great deal. Who knows, maybe I'll even work more on my story tonight. Things are starting to look up again, though I'm sure I'll have more times of doubt, depression and pain. But for now I need to appreciate this time I have that's free from those thoughts and feelings. It's going to take time, but I think I'll be okay.

No comments: