Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 20 - Happy New Year!!

Today wasn't a great day. It ended pretty good, but it didn't start that way. I just got depressed the night before. Maybe partly because I gave Cassie my computer so she could work on her homework and I couldn't do my usually playing online. But I also was itchy all night and scratching all night. I think that more than anything has depressed me. Basically, I need to do the water aerobics to help tone my muscles and lose weight. But the water in the pool breaks me out in a rash that doesn't go away. So there's nothing I can do about it because I have to do the swimming. I have to go into the pool and it'll continue after surgery as well. So I got into this funk about how are things really going to work out? Will I always have to be covered with rashes? Will that really be worth it? Anyway, I woke up depressed and went back to sleep until 1:00pm or so. Maybe later. I know I wanted to sleep later. I wasn't even hungry for a long time.

Eventually, I did get up and have a protein shake. I didn't grab my vitamins though. Guess I sort of slacked today all around. Then I actually broke down in front of my mom crying about the stupid rashes and I just don't cry. I hate crying, but I have been so upset.

Anyway, Jason wanted me to pick him up at Amaya and my mom wanted me to go to the store so I could get milk and two steaks. I also had medication to pick up from the pharmacy. So I picked up Jason. He went into the pharmacy for me and I went into Vons. I got the milk and then I found an AWESOME set of steaks that normally would have been $35 down to $14. Talk about a great deal!! And the two steaks were thick and just great! My mom was pretty surprised that I got such great steaks for such a good deal!

After that Jason and I let the car cool down a little then put water in the car and headed to his place. Cassie already had most of her friends already there. It was wild. I was glad to get there and I got my computer. I also got hugs from Katie Belle and Paige. It's always nice to see them! I spent a lot of time on the laptop going over Cafemom and Facebook. I did a survey on Bzoink that got posted to Facebook.

Susan made Chili Mac for everyone else and Teriyaki Tofu Stirfry for us. It was pretty good, but the veggies were just too hard for me to eat. I did, but it wasn't easy. Taste-wise, it was pretty awesome! I wouldn't mind having it again.

The girls all were having fun together, except this one girl. She was a bit over-sensitive anyway and that's never a good thing in a group of girls. No one was ever going to actually say anything to this girl, but she was really obsessive about "Transformers." And I don't get exactly what happened, but Katie Kelly told her two of the girls (Katie Belle and Lakaira) were going to tell her that they didn't like the movie or something stupid like that. She then got so upset she called her mom to come pick her up! It was nuts. I felt bad, but you know, I think it was best she went home. Then Susan and I watched most of the newest "Karate Kid" With Jayden Smith and Jackie Chan. It was pretty good! Then the original one came on and so we started watching that with Paige until it was time to let the girl go nuts outside. Even Jason woke up to watch the ball drop. It was funny because Susan and I were calling down seconds from 40 then 30 then 20 and the girls did the rest aloud on their own. They were a couple seconds fast, but that was okay. They yelled out and made a lot of racket we all had sparkling cider. It was really cool. And Paige was my picture taker. She did pretty good too!

Anyway, I left about 20-30 minutes after midnight. Traffic was lite and there weren't any cops around at least not on  my route. They're probably more toward Downtown. Well, I might be sleeping late today too, though I kind of want to watch the Rose Parade. I guess we'll see how I feel when I wake up first.

It's been a pretty good New Year's Eve. I might go find myself a little snack and then go to sleep. Of course, after I finish watching "America's Cutest Pets."

No comments: