Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 51 - 33 Pounds GONE!! :-)

For some time now I felt like I wasn't losing weight. The depression didn't help either. As much as I wanted to get weighed, I didn't want to get weighed either, afraid that maybe I hadn't lost much like I fears. It was so much on my mind that I even had a dream that I'd only lost 15 pounds.

Anyway, after not sleeping well last night and going to water aerobics this morning, I was tired when I got home. SO I took a nap. I didn't expect to be woken up by Jason and my mother. He called her to get me up. He told me he, Susan and Cassie were going to take me to my surgeon's office to get weighed. I was really apprehensive, but of course I went. I needed to know if I'd blown things or not so far.

It was an adventure getting into the office. We had to go through a back door because the actual office was getting revamped. I bet it'll be nice once it's done. Then I made sure I took everything out of my pockets and took off my sweater and slippers. But nothing could prepare me to hear the news they had for me. I had lost 33 POUNDS!!! I couldn't believe my ears! I went from 485 pounds to 452 pounds!! I guess I've been doing something right and I am thrilled!! So thrilled I've been writing about it in Cafemom and Facebook! I am just so happy and it makes me feel good. And that means 17 more pounds and I get my surgery date! One month. That's the hope. One month and the 17 pounds will be gone! I am so excited!!

In fact, my mom suggested getting a hospital bed for when I get home from the hospital. I think any bed I get at this point is going to be too hard for me to get in and out of. I can't have my staples stretching and possibly popping. Then I got another great tip. Have broth, pudding and jello ready to use immediately. Water might be hard to drink at first. I'm trying to get prepared as best as I can. I just hope my recovery goes well. Of course, that's still a ways to go anyway. One thing at a time!

Anyway, I got to see my new "Dirty Jobs" episode. It was fun. It was all this behind the scene stuff. It was funny! I watched a couple other things, but I don't really care about those other shows. They were just on to be on really. I added Cassie, Jordan and Karissa's bdays to my timeline. OMG!! It was a pain in the ass because I had to have the pic that I wanted to use uploaded to Facebook to use. I couldn't just take it from my computer or Photobucket. But I did it. OH, I also watched the new "Chopped!" Love that show too. Can't believe I spaced it. Anyway, that's it. I'm done for today. But YAY ME for losing so much weight.

No comments: