Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 27 - Shopping Day

Well, I slept pretty late today. I slept until 11:30am. Late for me lately anyway. But even now I'm tired and will probably go to sleep after this. Saturday is a desert for TV for the most part anyway. I watched the only good thing on at 8:00pm tonight - New season of "My Cat From Hell" and it was awesome! Jackson Galaxy is the MAN for dealing with troubled feline homes.

Anyway, I got up and drank my protein shake. I forgot to take my vitamins today though. It's too late to take them now - even my multi because apparently it gives me restless legs!! I swear, I just can't win! Almost everything gives me restless legs and there seems to be no way to stop them. But after I got dressed I had to take my mom to the bank. After that, I put fuel in the car. Finally we went to Walmart. My mom and I split up to do our own shopping. I had the list she gave me and knew a few things I needed to get myself. She was nice and got me "D" vitamins to add to my regimine. I also took her advice and got some of this foot cream called Foot Balm. It's really moisturizing. I could feel my feet suck it up. So I think that was a good deal. I also got my protein powder. I got three containers and in three different flavors - Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate. I have tried the vanilla or the just plain chocolate. I almost got chocolate peanut butter again, but I figured I should try the ones I hadn't tried first. I also picked up Dannon Greek Yogurt while I was there. That stuff is so good!! I got vanilla and blueberry on the bottom. I also grabbed a vitamin water by Sobe. Then I got a "Woman's World" and then I met this guy doing a sample display for this stuff called zipfizz. It tasted good! Had vitamins in it. No calories, but it's not something I could really afford. I told him my situation and what was so sweet, he gave me two tubes for FREE! :-) But here's the weird thing and I don't know if it was from the sample I took or what, but as I was at the register, I was shaking!! My whole body was just shaking like crazy. The cashier asked me if I was okay. I ended up being fine once I got back home and rested a bit. But I had to go sit down at McDonald's and wait for my mom. Once she got there she wanted something to eat so I got her a Grilled chicken Caeser salad and I got me a cup so I could get water - a big cup. Had to pay a buck for the cup, but it's better than the little shitty cup they give you for water. My mom didn't finish her salad so I did that for her. We did have to have someone help us get the bags into the trunk.

When we got home, Jordan, Taylor and George brought in the bags. I went to my room to just chill out. Then I was supposed to go over to Jason and Susan's tonight for dinner and pick up my Food card, but Jason changed his mind - of course - and at first I was kind of ticked. I figured he had a certain reason for being upset with me. But I guess it was really about the fact they were going to have steak instead of chicken. Ah well. Either way, I got over it quickly. I just wanted my food card back. It took awhile, but Susan broiught it back to me. It was after I had eaten dinner. I had a frozen dinner. It didn't have a ton of calories, but it wasn't much food, which is probably while the calorie count wasn't outrageous. I also had a Dannon Greek Yogurt. Those things are so good! It was Vanilla. That was when Cassie came to the door. Jordan, Taylor and George had left. Mom let Cassie in - who gave me my food card back - and I gave her a hug hug!! Even if she doesn't stay with me much, ,I love you to death. She is my girl. 

A little while after that, I went to Albertson's. I had a devil of a time trying to find protein water! But with the help of this woman that worked there, I finally found it! I'll know where to look now. I also got more greek yogurts, a vitamin water, a regular water and I even got some gum that tastes like strawberry shortcake! I usually don't get gum. I don't often chew it and once I have the surgery I can't have it at all because it makes you swallow air. Anyway, Jordan was proud of me for making good choices.

I do have a great relationship with my kids. Jordan came to me and told me he and the boys were going to do a little drinking. George apparently got them some liquor. I mean, come on, they are almost 21 - George IS 21. In fact, they gave me a shot or two. I have to be careful though because I don't want it messing with my diet. There are a lot of calories in liquor. I just hope they don't lose it and get too loud or something. Guess we'll see what happens.

Anyway, outside of watching "Covert Affairs" - the first two episodes and "Larry the Cable Guy's Only In America" I haven't watched much. I didn't do any reading today except the "Woman's World." Now I think I'm going to find something that's not terribly caloric to eat then go to sleep. My stomach is growling so I need to have something. No big deal since I missed one of my protein shakes.

So it's been a decent day of shopping. I got what I wanted for the most part. I forgot to get Mousse Tempations though. Guess that's for later. Time to wrap this up!

No comments: