Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 50 - From Darkness to Light!

For the last two weeks I have been fighting some wicked depression. It has sucked. All I've wanted to do is sleep. My eating hasn't been great. I didn't go to the gym for like a week and though the rashes got a little better, they were still itchy. It just sucked being depressed. I just didn't want to do anything. Plus I was so tired all the time. 

Then Friday, Susan and I went to the gym to see if Dave was there and could possibly show us some of the machines. He was and he spent about an hour or so showing us machines that worked our chest, biceps, shoulders and legs. I'll tell you, I felt it!! LOL! I felt it for like three days! But it was a good thing and good for me, ever though I was still feeling the depression.

But last night, I finally started feeling a little better. I played on Cafemom. I watched TV. I just felt better. Then today when I woke up, I felt really good - though I still slept late. Of course, Susan didn't tell me Cassie was home from school because she was sick. That was frustrating, but I wasn't upset or anything. I just called the school. Left a message for attendence. Then I also left a message for the woman handling Saturday school. I need to get Cassie signed up. I felt a message for her to call me to let me know if she made it onto the list for this Satuday or not. 

But here is the BEST news I got today! They called me from Jorgensen Law and apparently the judge is going to approve my SSI!!! I am so excited!!! That also means I'm going to get a retro check and hopefully I'll have a little more money in my pocket! It's awesome! I couldn't reach Jason so instead I called Cassie first. She was thrilled and she was happy to be told first. Of course, she wants money for clothes from Hot Topic. LOL! But I want to get a new laptop for myself and for Cassie. Jordan wants a desk top. We'll see what happens because I still have to fix my car which will be $1200. But at least it would be fixed and I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. You know, maybe I'll get myself an iPod too! I've always wanted one! Then I also maybe want to spend a hundred or two on DVDs. I might be spending too much in my head already. LOL! But it's going to be nice to have some money! Jordan was the second one to know. Then Nicole and finally Jason and Susan. I haven't told my mom yet. I just don't know if I want to tell her for awhile. She'll start in on "Get your own place." And I won't be getting THAT much money. I'm still on the list for housing. We'll see what happens. 

Anyway, tonight Susan and I had an appointment with Dave again to show us more machines. We tried out stuff for the Abs, triceps and back. I was surprised that we were at it for about an hour. I didn't even think it felt that long. But we ended up having to go because the Water Aerobics class was starting so we went from one workout to another. And the water aerobics class was fun for the most part. We made whirlpools and tried to fight the current. It did get a little monotonous after awhile, but for the most part it was fun and it took a majority of the time. The bummer thing is that the spa was out of order so I took a hot shower. I managed not to get too cold. I even changed into my PJs rather than the clothes I worked out in. It meant another bag I had to carry into the gym with me, but its worth it to do that at night. Tomorrow morning it's going to be going back into a cold pool for another water aerobics class. Then Wednesday Susan and I will probably work out on some machines. I think I'm FINALLY back on track! Even my eating today has been good! That makes me feel better too.

Well, guess that's about it. I watched "Being Human" tonight and the episode was good, but things are really going down a darker path. I also watched "Pawn Stars" and then "American Restoration." I hadn't watched that for awhile. I forgot how much I liked it. I also played on Cafemom and was on Facebook for a moment. But the best thing by far is just feeling better! That was and is the best thing. 
  

No comments: