Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quite an Up and Down Day

Well, today was Labor Day. I actually had a hard time waking up but Cassie came over and got the money for a backpack. I slept a little longer but when I finally got up it was cool. We were invited over to Jason and Susan's for a steak and shrimp dinner for Susie's bday. Jordan took a shower. I should have, but didn't. Instead I took like an hour to create the new group on Cafemom. It's called The Writer's Workshop. It was really fun to make. I made the forums and have 9 of them. I have weekly word prompts and monthly story prompts. I have other forums for poetry, fan fiction, chapters for those writing books and a place to vent about writer's block or any frustration about writing. I have to say I'm rather proud of myself.

Anyway, before I could post my prompts and stuff Jordan and I left for Jason and Susan's. My mom gave me money to buy Susan a cake - we ended up with cupcakes, but these cupcakes from Vons ROCK! They are so good!! We also stopped at McDonald's and got sodas. And I remembered Susan's bday card and Cassie's school supplies. She was happy that I got her mechanical pencils. She got an awesome backpack. It's rainbow colored in a checker print. I felt so bad though because she started crying. It just broke my heart. She cried and cried in her room. Jason talked with her. Susan talked with her and she wanted to talk to me. I stayed with her for 20-30 minutes and let her cry it out. I let her cry until she was calm. She took a bath after that and ate a little dinner, but emotionally she was wrung through the wringer and so was I. I wanted to cry with her and take her pain away. If I could just make everything go back to the way they were . . . I don't know. I think she'll be okay. It's just going to take time. And she is definitely going to give my mother hell. I don't think that's going to help, but who knows. I'm picking her up from school tomorrow and then Susan is going to pick her up around 4pm. She'll take her to get her nails done and then she'll go over for dinner. Then come home around 8-8:30pm. This is so killing me though. Cassie talked about wanting to go to sleep and not wake up. That she wanted to die before coming back here. I have felt that way many times. Just wanting to go to sleep and never wake up. I feel so helpless. I can't get her help because she won't take it. I mean, you have to be open for the help to make it work and she's just not willing. I wish she was. I just want to help her. I guess all I can do is try to make things go easier for her and just keep an eye on her so if she ends up needing real help I can get it for her.

Anyway, dinner was great. The steak was so tender and Susan made regular fried shrimp and she made coconut shrimp too! It was wonderful! Jason kind of passed out cupcakes and rushed us out the door. Not sure if it was because he wanted Susan to himself OR he just wanted us out. I suppose that's better than being an asshole about it like he was on my birthday. But I didn't like the feeling. However, I'm willing to deal with it. I just hope things get easier. He got mad several times, but he was quick to tell me he didn't blame me. But I still think part of him does. I don't think things are going to be the same for any of us.

On the way home I stopped at McDonald's again and got more soda for Jordan and I. That's about all I can afford. I think. Though I will want to get one on Wednesday on my way to therapy. I have to remember I have therapy and make sure I go. I don't know what happened last time. But I'll tell you, it's been a sucky month. I am way overdue for a session.

Jordan went to sleep when we got home. It was later than usual for him. I got online and invited a couple of people to the writing group and they joined!! I also put up the word prompts, the story prompts and a poem. I'll probably add more, of course. I'd like to have something in every category. I'll work on that tomorrow, I think.

Anyway, I watched the new "The Closer" and then "Rizzoli & Isles." In "The Closer" Brenda Lee's mess with the law suit her lawyer saves her from signing it away and being seriouosly sued. Then a young pop star's dad is found in the hills dead and Brenda's team figures out it was murder and not an accident. On "Rizzoli & Isles" Jane's brother from jail is out and is playing chess with Maura. Jane also is trying to duck out of a sensitivity class and Maura's birth father comes back. I actually like him though he runs a mob. He doesn't kill women and children or people that don't deserve it. In fact, at the end, it was cool. This dock worker who was a real stand-up guy, he made sure his family got money. So as he said, he's one of the good guys in his world. I'm still watching "The Glades." This guy tries to escape custody with his brother's help. In the process they screw up and get trapped in the hospital taking hostages. Callie ends up as one of the hostages so that she can help save a man's life. So far, the brothers used Callie as a decoy along with a couple other hostages that were forced to pretend to act like them. Now Jim is on a manhunt for them - which is what he wanted to begin with. So he's gone off to find the money the brothers are after and the brothers, I'm sure. This is a finale so who knows what's going to happen.

Well, I think after "The Glades" is over I'm going to take my meds and try to sleep. At least I hope so. Oh, and "The Glades" had an awesome ending! I am SOOOOO glad it wasn't a cliffhanger. I HATE cliffhangers! Jim and Callie so belong together! :-)

No comments: