Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Challenging Day

I didn't have to wake up early this morning since Cassie was at Jason and Susan's this morning. I didn't actually wake up until around 1:00pm, but I wasn't sleeping well. It was too hot and I was worried about Cassie going to school and coming home or here rather. I also called my, lawyer to find out that my lawyer had retired and that I had a new lawyer. I left a message for him. I'm a little uncomfortable because I don't know him. I did get a refund from either my car insurance or the DMV. I don't know which. But either way I got $21. Of course, my mother opened the letter and was the one to find it. So she had me sign the check and she gave me the money. It's good because I got into one of my $20s for fuel to get sodas at McDonald's.

Anyway, I grabbed a soda from McDonald's and parked at Cassie's school to pick her up. I actually got to work a little on my story "Crossfire." Then before long the school bell rang. I was kind of anxious because I wasn't sure what to expect when she got to me. But she seemed happy enough. She was with one of her friends who I was nice enough to take home. I think she said his name was Zeke. I believe he was her friend last year too. After that, we went to get fuel in the car and get more sodas - one more for me, then Cassie and Jordan. Cassie had to call AT&T because the internet on her phone wasn't working. I was impressed. She handled it like a professional! Then once at home things were okay. My mother and Cassie got into it a bit. But it settled down. I helped Cassie print off a pic of herself for her science class. I don't know what they're going to do with it, but I guess she was told to bring in a recent pic. Then Susan and Jason came to get Cassie. That worked out for me. I got online and was able to work on a couple of things for my groups. I posted a bunch of stuff for "I'm not Fat! I'm Fluffy!" and then I also worked on my Word Prompt on The Writer's Workshop. I also posted my James Bond Fan Fiction. Angel said she looks forward to reading it many more times and I thought that was cool! :-) I posted that I was thinking about writing a follow-up and she wants me to! I'll have to think of something fun. Or maybe I can write a holiday story. That's something to think about!

Anyway, Cassie was hysterical when she had to come back home from Jason and Susan's. She was beyond mean. Yelled, screamed, said some real mean things. I finally had had enough and told her to go take a bath that I thought we needed a break. She didn't go take a bath. She actually went out to the old computer room and talked to her friends - and Jason. When my mom said she wasn't in the bathroom, I went to check on her. She was more calm. I asked what she was doing. She told me and I was okay, but I'd like you to take a bath. After that, she did and when she got out she came to me and cried a little bit telling me she was so sorry for what she'd said. I'm glad she apologized, but I told her to try to think before speaking because once you say something, it's out there and it can't be taken back. I mean, I can handle it. I deal with Jason often enough - not easy, but do-able. Then she just sat on the bed next to me. We went through her backpack. She wanted me to write on her spirals - subject, her name and the period. That made me feel special. I know it's a dumb little thing, but it did make me feel good. Her and I hung out for a bit more. I got her to get into her night clothes (I had her use one of my shirts and then she had shorts). She then showed me a couple of songs on YouTube and changed something on her Facebook. She went to bed at 10:00pm. Glad she didn't argue about that. My mother got upset though when Cassie told her she hated her. But you know, it's just how it goes. I told her to expect Cassie to act the same way for awhile.

Well, after she went to bed, I watched the new episodes of "Billy the Exterminator" which were great! Rat Killing, Fire Ant Killing, Roach Killing, Baby Allagator saving . . . All good stuff! Now I need to take my meds, set the alarm for 6:00am (I am DEFINITELY having coffee tomorrow morning!) and then try to sleep. I think my anxiety is finally easing up. Tomorrow I have to go to therapy and I hope I don't forget. I've been forgetting a lot of stuff lately and I need this appointment. I still feel off, but at least my chest isn't hurting.

I am hoping tomorrow will be a better day - at least when Cassie comes back from Jason and Susan's tomorrow night since they're picking up Casssie every day around 4:00pm. And damn my head is hurting again. Ugh!! Time to take meds - definitely some advil! Time to go!

No comments: