Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Damn Tired But Strangely Optimistic!

Damn I'm tired. I've been tired all day. I tried to take a nap, but I really didn't. I didn't work on my synopsis, but I'm determined to work on it tomorrow. I guess I just had to let the idea kick around in my head for a bit and also to hear from other people. I might do the synopsis for my other books as well. Well . . . maybe not. I should be on a finale edit before I do one. That way I have the story correct. But I think I know what I need to do. One of the things I'm going to do is go through my chapters and write the important parts down. Then I'm going to try to write it in a good emotionally capturing way in present tense. THAT will suck, but I'm not as afraid as I was before. Now I'm at the place where I think I can and that's where I need to be. So tomorrow will be the say and I'll spend what time I have to.

Anyway, I really didn't do much. I got Cassie up for school. She didn't seem happy, but it's the morning and we're not morning people. I asked if she wanted something to eat, but she was all ready to get to school and meet up with her friends. When I got home, I had my coffee then Jordan gave me the computer. I puttered around for a bit, but I really didn't do much since I wasn't going to write the synopsis today. I had thought about it, but I was so tired. So then I tried to take a nap. Got interupted three times so it wasn't good. Then it was time for me to pick up Cassie. That's when I decided to fill out the school packet. It took me awhile to get it done, but I did it! And just in time for Cassie to get there. She was having issues of her own though as she was late because she was trying to get something back from Nikki! LOL! On the way home, we went to McDonald's and got soda. Not that I should have, but what can I say? I like to get soda. It's like a little treat!

When we finally got back home I helped her with her math. Then I helped her with her English by encouraging her to get her work done - an Events paper. She's going to write a story and she had to write down the events in the story. Kind of like an outline, I guess. She needs a first draft of the story by Friday. But she's all geared up to get it done, which I think is awesome! Now I just need to keep encouraging her. She's going to do awesome this year!! I just know it!

My mom made a great dinner tonight - pork roast. I think Cassie is pretty much scared of pork now because she learned about worms in them. I tried to tell her that's why you cook pork through. She still thinks its gross. LOL! Personally, if they're dead and I can't see them, who cares! But the roast was really good and she had a loose gravy with veggies - celery, carrots, potatoes and I think there was an onion in there too. Love it! Jordan slept all day. Then when he got up he wasn't hungry, but I still wanted him to do the dishes so I told him I'd get the stuff put up, then he could do dishes and I would water the front yard for him. That worked out well, though I got myself kinda wet! LOL! But after that we watched an episode of "Criminal Minds." It was one I'd seen before, but I think Jordan watched all of it too. Then I wanted to get soda at McDonald's again this time with Jordan and to finally put what's left of my money in the take. :-P It wasn't much, but at least it was something.

Well, I have to say for as tired as I am and kinda on the depressed side, I'm actually excited because of the progress I've been making with getting ready for publishers and agents. I just hope this time I'm doing a good job. I don't feel helpless with it now and that's awesome! But I still feel that darkness inside me. Maybe that's just who I am. Maybe that darkness is going to be with me forever. But at least I can go forward and maybe make a name for myself.

Now I'm going to finish watching "Dirty Jobs" and maybe some "Billy the Exterminator" though I don't think it's going to be new tonight. :-( But I could be wrong! That would be awesome! And I HOPE I sleep well tonight. I suppose I shouldn't be drinking a huge soda, huh? LOL!

No comments: