Thursday, September 15, 2011

From High to Low

What a day. It was going so well for most of it. I got up, got Cassie up, made my coffee, took her to school, came home and decided that I was going to start editing my book again. I was on Chapter 10 anyway. Well, there wasn't much else that needed editing so it didn't take me very long. I was thrilled when I was finished, but then I realized that I needed to format the manuscript. I wasn't sure of what an editor wanted so I googled it. It didn't take me long to find a site that outlined what I needed to do - and it was by an editor. I also knew I was going to need help with a query letter so I googled that too. I found another site that broke down what to do and THAT was by an editor too. I hope this really is what makes things work for me. I know it's going to take time and a lot of letters, but at least I'm getting back to where I was. Moving forward, not backwards.

At first I could only edit two chapters. It's really tedious and mind numbing. Plus, I was just so tired. I am not doing well with trying to stay awake all day. By afternoon I'm wiped out.

Anyway, today was a half day at Cassie's school so I picked her up at 11:30am. When we got home, I made us tuna sandwiches for lunch. I needed food. I had two huge McDonald's soda cup sized iced coffees. Anyway, I thought things were fine. Cassie seemed happy enough. Jason called and I told him it was a half day for Cassie and he asked if they could pick her up. I said, sure, of course. Cassie took off with my food card so that Susan could do the food for Cash thing for me. $60 is going to come in handy - car insurance and fuel. Well, and maybe a soda. LOL!

After she left with them I laid down for awhile. I was just so tired. I didn't really sleep, but I snuggled with Karissa. She didn't run off when my arm was around her. I thought that was cool. I did feel a bit more awake when my mom called me and Jordan for dinner. I ate too much though. LOL! I was oiver full! Jordan went back to sleep. Unfortunately before he could do the dishes. My mom was too tired to do them. I'm too tired to do them, so Jordan has to do them when he wakes up. Plus, he is going on a ticket buy tomorrow morning. Which means I have to get him up around 5:45am. Earlier if he doesn't take a shower when he wakes up. I don't want to do it, but I will. It's $20 that he can put toward his game. That will leave me only $40 to pay.

Anyway, after dinner, I went back to my room and decided to do more formatting. I checked Cafemom and there was nothing there I was interested in reading. I checked Twitter and all that fun stuff. But when I write an update, I do it on Yahoo. Then it gets posted on Twitter and Facebook.  Oh, and for fun, I checked out Denise's Facebook - I can see part of her wall now and what I discovered is that she still spells as crappy as ever. I had to re-read several words more than once. I know at least one was probably a typo, but it really was every other word. Then she keeps asking psychics if she's going to be a successful writer. She can't even spell successful right. Not that I spell perfectly all the time because I don't, but I don't mess up THAT much. Anyway, I just find it's interesting to keep track of her.

After that, I put on music - the playlist on my cafemom homepage and started formatting again. I got through three more chapters, so that brings the grand total to five chapters today. I have been so excited today that I even called Nicole AND Linda (I was returning her call). Then Cassie came home . . . I know she wasn't feeling good. She hasn't. Not only has she had stomach aches, but now she has a sore throat, larygitis and is coughing. But I thought she might have been liking the new situation and turns out she's not. She was kind of mean about it too. It did hurt me. I like being able to spend time with her, but I guess she doesn't care about spending time with me. She just wants to be with them. Of course, a lot of that is my mom, but my mom hasn't said two words to Cassie really since she's been back. That just took my good mood and crashed it down. I hate to admit it, but I am hurt. I feel a little rejected and I honestly thought she was getting into the routine. But NO, she doesn't want to get used to the routine. She wants nothing to do with this place and apparently that means me too. Unless I'm over there. Like I could afford to see her everyday at their house. :-( It just really ruined my good mood. Kind of feel a little weepy now, actually. But tomorrow I'll just throw myself back into the formatting, try to get as much of it done as possible and then work on a Query Letter. Or at least start the Query letter by Saturday. I still need to focus on the future, no matter what. This is just a bump. I'll get through this and life will be good. I know it will be. I have to believe that. My writing will bear fruit eventually and I guess I just need to focus on that for now. Not that I can send anything out until later this month - that's IF I get a $50 check or next month. But I need to start sending out stuff as soon as possible.

Okay, I'm trying to refocus. I am tired. I'm going to take my meds, see if Jordan's awake then maybe I'll finally sleep. Just wish I could get Cassie to like the routine. I honestly thought she was . . . It sucks.

No comments: