Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Black Out and Beyond!

Man am I tired, but I have to say I had two very eventful days! One of the BIG reasons I didn't write a journal entry last night was because of the San Diego Black Out! Or I guess Southern California. It went into Orange County too. But wow. Cassie had just left with Susan and I thought Jordan and I would go to Walmart. Well, the power just went out. I was like, okay. Maybe this is just local. So I take Jordan and we go up to Walmart in La Mesa. Nope. They were hit. Decided to go to Santee. They were hit. Went to El Cajon. THEY were hit. It was around this time I got a text from Cassie telling me the black out is all of San Diego and up into Orange County. Also a little in Arizona too. Anyway, we just went home. But driving in it was crazy too! Most of the lights were out. Some of them were blinking. There were even a couple actually working! But very few. Not being able to get dinner out my mom, Jordan and I settled on salami sandwiches. After that, I could have done some reading, but I really didn't want to. I was on the tired side so I just laid down and went to sleep. I woke up around 10:30pm and then was dozing on and off in the dark. It was so hot I had to open my bedroom door to get a breeze through the window. But my mom had her door open too. I don't know how people put up with my snoring, but my mother, though not loud, kept me awake. I was never so happy, though it started me bad, as when the power came back. My fan just suddenly started up! The Printer clicked on. The hall light came on! I was never so happy! I was able to turn on my light, the TV my DVD player . . . I finally went to sleep again and then I didn't want to wake up. Must have been having an interesting dream that I now don't remember. :-P In fact, I didn't get up until about 1:30pm.

Anyway, my mom had lunch ready which was nice. It what was going to be dinner the night before - burgers! Yum! Then Jordan and I went to Walmart. I needed to get Cassie glue sticks. I also got tape, though that's more for me, though I'm not sure what I'll end up using it for. But I always seem to need tape and not have it. Now it will be I have it and won't need it! LOL! We also needed to look at microwaves for my mom. I also looked at the $5 DVD bin and I found the movie I wanted "The Last House on the Left." It looks scary, but since it's bad guys that are going to get their ass kicked, I guess I can sit through it. And Cassie is excited to watch it with me, which is even more awesome! I also got a romance book, though I shouldn't have. It's called "Maharaja's Mistress." It's not a sheik book, but I think this one might be just as interesting! I also ran into a woman who asked if I was a 5X. Turns out she was that size once before she got a lap sleeve or whatever. So she wanted to sell her clothes to someone who needs them for $1 a piece. I need to talk to my mother about it. But she was nice and so was her husband. They noticed I was a cutter and her husband prayed for me. It's the thought that counts, right?

After that, Jason said he wanted to come over and I was in no mood. I'll tell you, I had heat rashes under my boobs. I needed a shower BADLY!! But he talked me into letting him come over. LOL! I turned out to be a good thing. He arrived, I took my shower. He actually moved my matress for me which was driving me crazy lately because I just couldn't seem to push it back far enough. Anyway, he got me smiling and I felt better after my shower. He then invited me over to his place for dinner. Jordan didn't want to go. I had us go to Vons to see if there was any $5 Friday deals for desserts, but there really weren't. Plus we needed to get two ham steaks and they only had one. We ended up going to Albertson's. This time I gave Jason my card. I told him to get my tea too. While he was in there, I started reading "Cowboys and Aliens." So far so good! Not that I'm a huge way into it. It's still the opening, but I like it!

Anyway, I went over there and we watched some TV. We ended up watching something on 9/11. It's still so sad. It was definitely a dark day in history. But we all came together then. There is a high alert for NYC this weekend and the cops are stopping all trucks to make there's nothing funny in them. They are worried about a truck with three men and explosives, I guess. I can see the terrorists trying something it being 9/11. But I hope that if there are they get found out and get their asses KICKED! Of course, a bullet in the head wouldn't be bad, but then they become martyrs. I hate religious fanatics of any faith. It just seems the real crazy ones are Islamic. Go figure. I'm sure that as a whole the faith is probably a good one! But there has to be the zealots that ruin it for the rest of their faith.

Well, we had dinner and ice cream. I said bye to Cassie. Oh and even Jason likes this new routine with Cassie!! That made me feel so much better too! I mean, EVERYONE gets to spend time with her! I really love it. :-) I get to see my baby everyday for the most part! LOL! Yeah, school was called off today because of the black out. Susan had her and asked if she could keep her last night and I said yes, because it would be too dangerous to bring her back anyway. There would be no lights on the street. The signals would be out most of the way . . . too dangerous. So it was nice I saw her today. Now they have her for the weekend. They'll take her to school on Monday and I'll pick her up! :-) It really works out so well! I LOVE IT!

Anyway, I came home. Jordan came and brought me the computer and he came to talk to me a bit. It's nice spending time with both of them now. But anyway I watched "Haven" and then I've watched a couple of episodes of "Tanked" which is really a cool show. "Haven" is getting more creepy. The Rev is a nasty piece of work and I'm not sure exactly what he's up to, but definitely to no good. Duke's wife got shot and died. And it turned out that the troubled person this time was an abused woman. She accidentally poisoned people with her touch until she finally turned it on her abuser - her husband. Then he died and everyone else effected was healed. Then with "Tanked" they build a live coral reef tank which was totally awesome!!! And then they built a special take that this little boy could recover under when he gets open heart surgery. That was TRULY AWESOME! When the little boy saw the tank and was under where they had a porthole for him to look up into it, everyone was in tears. It was wonderful.

Well, I took my meds. I need to take some ibuprofen for my headache that's starting up again and then I'm going to try to go to sleep. Oh, I have to reset my clock . . . ugh . . . Well, it's a little thing to do. So it's time to go to sleep. I do hope there isn't another black out for a very, very long time!

No comments: