Sunday, September 18, 2011

Going Forward - Formatting and Query Letter Done!

I can't believe I didn't write here last night. But by the time I realized I hadn't all I wanted to do was sleep. I guess it's bound to happen.

Yesterday was a pretty good day! I got the rest of "Assassin's Seduction" formatted! I am so happy with myself! I have kind of been letting my Cafemom groups go by the wayside - well, not "The Writer's Workshop." I've been making daily goals and then reporting on whether I've met that goal or not and basically I've been meeting my goals or then some. Yesterday the goal was to format three chapters. I did that. Then I rested for awhile and then went back to formatting a few more chapters. I rested a little while again and finished it! I hadn't expected to push myself, but I'm glad I did! It made me feel like I really had accomplished something! I mean, of course I had! Just makes me feel all excited. I was pretty excited that as tired as I was it was a little hard to sleep. But once I did get to sleep boy did I sleep!

I was so tired that I just didn't want to get up. I didn't wake up until about 2:30pm give or take an hour. My mom wasn't happy with me, but what was she going to do? She could have woken me up, but she didn't. I pulled out my laptop and started checking my sites. There was nothing in any of groups that are mine. But I did post another set of word promps for the week. I think I was the only one to do the word prompt last week. I think I need to do a couple of those and then tackle the Monthly Writing Prompt.

Anyway, my goal was to write a query letter. My mom called me out for dinner before I got to it and I almost didn't write one. But I just told myself that it was my goal just to get a draft done of it. That I just had to get something on paper. So after dinner I went back to the computer. I pulled up the website for queries and I just sat my butt down and worked on it! I tried to make it interesting and giving a good part of the story without giving it away. I just don't know how good it is, but I read it to Nicole and I read it to Linda. They both said it sounded good. Of course, until an agent looks at it I won't really know. I am excited that it's another step done, though I am worried it's not good enough. Of course, I'm sure that's how I'm always going to feel. Tomorrow my goal is to work on a synopsis. I need to read more about them and then if I can just get a draft done of it I'll be happy. I plan to start sending out letters either when I get $50 check or at the beginning of October. I'm going to have to make sure that I have money to take care of mailing stuff out. I just want to move forward.

I am really nervous about not succeeding, but on the other hand, if I don't try I'll NEVER succeed. Period. So I just have to keep moving forward. 

Well, I got to watch "Billy the Exterminator" today which was cool. Got to see the one where he saved the kitten in the wall and he caught the dirty rat at the bank! LOL! I also have been watching "River Monsters." I'll probably watch "Tanked" and "Hillbilly Hand Fishing." I'm pretty tired so we'll see if I make it that far. I was bad though and went to Albertson's and got a cheese coffee cake and I ate the whole thing. I think the nerves from going forward with the writing is making me crave stuff like that too. I suppose if it's not one thing it's another.  I also called Cassie tonight. She was dozing watching TV. That cough medicine is really kicking her butt. Her stomach wasn't hurting at the moment either, which was good. I wonder how she'll be tomorrow.

Okay, I guess that's it for now. I'm going to take meds and veg to the TV. Maybe even go to sleep soon. That would be nice.
  

No comments: